mining hardness

Things that we aren't going to implement
ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

mining hardness

Post by ownlyme »

you used to be able to make entities unminable with mining hardness, while keeping their fast-replace functionality
this was used in the realistic reactors mod to build a sarcophagus on a radioactivity-emitting reactor ruin. (you were forced to build a sarcophagus on it, which had to stay there for quite a while before you were allowed to remove it (the sarcophagus) to regain the space.
i'm worried that the recently announced changes will remove the functionality of unminable entities being fast-replaceable entirely.

p.s.: read my post in the fff topic for my full review on the recently announced changes. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=63125&p=384113#p384113
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: mining hardness

Post by eradicator »

If you just use a very long mining_time the effect should be the same, shouldn't it?
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The game mechanics say an entity shouldn't be fast-replaceable if it isn't minable so I would call that a unintended side effect of robots not caring about mining time.

You can do what eradictor said and just make the mining time long enough that you can't mine it.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

ownlyme
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ownlyme »

it's a bad solution and you know it
mods.factorio.com/user/ownlyme
My requests: uiAbove||Grenade arc||Blueprint allies||Creeps forget command/ don't get removed||Player Modifiers||textbox::selection||Better Heat IF||Singleplayer RCON||tank bug w/ min_range >= projectile_creation_distance

Return to “Won't implement”