Copy permissions from save to scenario?

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
K4rl
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Copy permissions from save to scenario?

Post by K4rl »

Hello everyone,

I am hosting a public server that plans to frequently reset the map/scenario.

I'm currently facing the problem, that I setup all the permissions for the scenario and add new players accordingly.

The question is, how can I get these permissions (with the added players) to a new map/scenario?

It works when I convert the savegame to a scenario, but as soon as I regenrate the map in the mapeditor the permissions seem to be gone too.

How do other hosters handle these permissions? Any ideas?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Copy permissions from save to scenario?

Post by eradicator »

A newly generated map knows nothing about players that have never joined before. Therefore it can't contain permissions for specific players. You'll have to add the permissions to the scenario script if you want them to be the same. And if you want specific players to automatically be assigned to certain groups you'll have to code a whitelisting mechanism for that (or get the code from other servers).
K4rl wrote:How do other hosters handle these permissions? Any ideas?
No clue. How about you join one of those, save the game, unzip the savegame and open up the scenario in a text editor ;). If they don't use automatic rcon commands for permissions you should see what's going on.

Return to “Technical Help”