[Dominik] Desconstructing inconsistancies

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
arbarbonif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[Dominik] Desconstructing inconsistancies

Post by arbarbonif »

When you deconstruct something that has been placed, it locks you to just deconstructing non-ghosts for that button press. Which is nice.

However, if you are in the middle of placing rails, with the rail planner active, it no longer does that and will destroy ghosts as well as placed items. It is especally annoying when placing station blueprints before bots; placing the blueprint marks the trees and rocks for deconstruction it is simple to run along placing the rails and chopping down the trees without stopping the rail placement, but it will now remove rail and signal ghosts. I know it does it with the 'live rail' version of the rail planner, I don't know if it also does it with the
'ghost rail' version (but I'm guessing it will).

Hopefully this makes sense, I haven't had enough coffee yet...

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik] Desconstructing inconsistancies

Post by Dominik »

Hi,
you are right that this does not work ideally, I have run into this myself earlier. We were discussing it now and unfortunately this issue is at an intersection of game mechanisms that would be very difficult to modify. Reason for this inconsistency is that when you hold a rail, the game needs to show the connection arrows at rails and ghosts, and when you click to use the rail planner, we don't have a good way to update the game over multiplayer to be consistent.
I will make a partial improvement, so that when you mine, you do not replace ghosts other than rails. But for rails it would be very difficult and we will not fix it now.
Thanks for the report and sorry :)

Return to “Won't fix.”