[0.16.22] modifying station name does not update last user

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
i1728
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.16.22] modifying station name does not update last user

Post by i1728 »

Modifying a train station name from the train station gui does not update the last user. Changing a train station name should set the last user field to the user who modifies that train station name. This is a bug because when the station name has been modified, the station has been modified but the last user field has not been updated to reflect that modification.

This bug is important because it allows players to grief by modifying station names in order to send the wrong trains to the wrong stations on multiplayer maps. Since the last user field is not updated, it is very hard (impossible?) to determine who is conclusively determine who is responsible for disrupting trains using this method. One workaround is to disable essential parts of the train gui via permissions. Consequently, in order to moderate a public multiplayer server effectively, the ability to use trains must be partially disabled for untrusted players. If the last user field were updated correctly, it would be possible to for admins to trace station modifications to the responsible player, and griefing could be addressed without forcing admins to disable train station permissions in general.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.16.22] modifying station name does not update last user

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. It's now fixed for the next version of 0.16.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”