[togos] [0.16.x] map*-settings.example.json out of sync with the UI

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
274Below
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[togos] [0.16.x] map*-settings.example.json out of sync with the UI

Post by 274Below »

It would seem that the JSON files used for map generation on the command line are missing some things that are present in the UI. For example:
  • Terrain settings: pretty much all of these are missing from the JSON files. I can't modify the frequency or size of the grass/dirt/etc.
  • Water is present in the JSON, but... only one setting is there, and I can't tell if it's referring to frequency or size (which are the options in the GUI).
However, the JSON files also have a lot of options that aren't in the GUI. These options are awesome to have, and would probably clutter the GUI up considerably. So, personally: if the JSON files could be updated to contain every single setting, that would be neat. I don't think that all of these settings need to be mirrored into the GUI, though.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [togos] [0.16.x] map*-settings.example.json out of sync with the UI

Post by Rseding91 »

I've updated the autoplace_controls to add tiles in. water and terrain_segmentation are the 2 water controls. "water" is the size.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

trad_emark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by trad_emark »

honestly, I have spend DAYS to only find out that this name is illogical.
terrain_segmentation SOUNDS like a frequency setting for changing eg. dirt and desert.
the water should use water_segmentation or water_frequency.

TOGoS
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by TOGoS »

trad_emark wrote:honestly, I have spend DAYS to only find out that this name is illogical.
terrain_segmentation SOUNDS like a frequency setting for changing eg. dirt and desert.
the water should use water_segmentation or water_frequency.
It has a history. :)

We have it on the to-do list to improve documentation and otherwise make the map generation controls more intuitive.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”