[Dominik] [0.16.5]Wrong order of techs in tech screen

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

[Dominik] [0.16.5]Wrong order of techs in tech screen

Post by Bilka »

Mining productivity 12 and logistic system both take the same science pack types. Mining productivity however takes more time than logistic system and also takes more science packs. So the expected order is: logistic system, mining productivity 12, the current order is the other way around.

To reproduce: Sandbox game, research everything, unresearch the two techs I'm talking about, observe wrong order.

Screenshots (from pre 0.16.0 release but the behaviour is still the same): Image Image
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

riking
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.16.5]Wrong order of techs in tech screen

Post by riking »

I don't think that's how science is ordered... is it?

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

riking wrote:I don't think that's how science is ordered... is it?
It is. Literally all science that isnt infinitely upgradable follows the order of: Whether it is currently researchable, locked or already researched; then science pack type; then science pack type ratio (1 red, 2 green for example); then time; then amount; then order string; then prototype name.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Dominik »

The current ordering, within same research state category, is 1) most expensive pack used (pack order string), 2) number of packs, 3) technology order string, 4) name.
By this it should indeed have different ordering.

Dominik
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Dominik] [0.16.5]Wrong order of techs in tech screen

Post by Dominik »

The issue was that the sorting was done on prototypes and prototypes of multi-step technologies do not hold any explicit value of pack count, and could not even possibly know it. So now it is calculated from the technologies that have all the current data.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”