[0.15.30]Visual glitch/bug: lines along chunks on map

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Toxomania
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.15.30]Visual glitch/bug: lines along chunks on map

Post by Toxomania »

Hello,

What happened:

I updated my AMD drivers 2 days ago, yesterday (first time I played since the update) I noticed weird lines along the chunks on the map, like this:

It happens on every zoom level, on the minimap as well, regardless of the savegame, even on a 100% vanilla newly generated world:

People on the discord server said it looked like some visual displacement to them, because you can see for example ore patches (like in the above image, straight above the uranium patch, there is an orange broken up line, like a copper patch), or buildings/player built objects:

The graphics card drivers:

The first update I did was to version 17.7.1, which was the recommended version in the "AMD Radeon Settings" Program (used to be catalyst control center).

In an effort to fix the problem, I updated to version 17.7.4, which was the optional version, but nothing changed.

Before that, I didn't update the drivers in roughly 3 months.

Here is the savegame:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzh50x ... lJd0U/view

though as I said it happens on every map.

the log-file is also attached, if you need anything else feel free to ask, I will gladly help :)

Thanks guys!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(21.74 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
factorio-previous.log
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 98 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.30]Visual glitch/bug: lines along chunks on map

Post by posila »

I tried to update AMD drivers on my computer and I didn't have this problem. Then I tried to change some settings in Factorio profile in AMD Radeon Settings and I was able to reproduce this behavior by forcing antialiasing and better quality texture filtering. So, check Factorio profile in AMD Radeon Settings and make it respect application settings if it is set to force antialiasing and texture filtering.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.30]Visual glitch/bug: lines along chunks on map

Post by kovarex »

Loewchen wrote:See as well: 45834
It is probably not related. The the linked bug is the problem of the chunk border pixel coordinate not being precise enough (and in the center of the pixel), so it sometimes made a gap. This one is most probably related to anti-aliasing, which means, that the map tiles (that are organized as 32X32 pictures in a big atlas) get antialiased borders from different unrelated tiles.

Return to “Pending”