[0.15.28] Detected corruption of the game state

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.28] Detected corruption of the game state

Post by zebediah49 »

I was happily playing along, when I ran into the following:
Notice

Detected corruption of the game state. Game was not saved to prevent corruption of your save files. Please save the game into new file and send us the most recent working save and the corrupted save to forums.factorio.com. We will diagnose the problem and fix for future releases.
After retracing my steps since the last autosave, I've basically pinpointed it to the following for reproduction: building a mine on the 'Factorium' ore. My final test was loading the good save, building then immediately destroying a vanilla mine on the patch, and then trying to save again. The 'Factorium ore' is added by `portal-research 0.7.9`, and appears to be a recolored version of uranium.

The save has a wreckage of a list of mods -- including a half-dozen or so that I ported from 0.14, and one or two unlabeled custom tweaks -- so I hope you can extract what you need without loading the file into a live game.

Also, note that while the game claims that it won't be able to load the corrupted save, I can load it just fine (well, it loads up and I can walk around; it very well might be broken and I just can't tell). Trying to save it again results in the same rejection -- even in the case where the loaded version doesn't have the mine.

EDIT: Update: Taking a broken save file, loading it with a version of the game without that mod, and then re-saving it appears to remove the "corruptedness".

EDIT2: Further investigation indicates that it is not, in fact, an issue of the mines, but one of the microwave transmitters. This was reported to the mod author by someone else already it turns out: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/docpaisl ... sion/16566. I still don't think a mod (even one with issues) should be corrupting game state though, so I'm leaving this up.
Attachments
Freeplay0.15_island-savefail.zip
Save file after error.
(17.28 MiB) Downloaded 131 times
Freeplay0.15_island.zip
Save file before error.
(17.28 MiB) Downloaded 127 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.28] Detected corruption of the game state

Post by Loewchen »

Post the complete .ziped mod folder please.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report.
It is false positive in our game state corruption detection logic. I adjusted it so it allows for beams that span over 20 chunks.

doc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by doc »

Oh haha, I really should have searched first shouldn't I :) Many thanks for the speedy fix!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”