[0.15.25] Drag to place from initial stack size 1 fails

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.15.25] Drag to place from initial stack size 1 fails

Post by B4SK3 »

I tried hard but I couldn't find a previous report. Seems strange this hasn't been reported before.

If I place & drag locomotives while running along the track, all 6 of the locomotives will get placed if I start with the stack of 5 in hand. If I start with the stack of 1, the game misses that I have 5 more in stock and switches to empty hand. It thus stops placing them. Upon further investigation, it seems that this behavior exists specifically if you start with a stack size of 1 in hand (with more stacks in inventory) and is not specific to this type of object. I confirmed for locomotives, cargo wagons, fluid wagons, laser turrets, beacons, fast and express belt.

This behaviour is very specific to starting with a stack size of 1. If you start with a stack size of 2 or more, the game correctly picks up the next stack and continues placing more than 2. It does not seem to matter whether the additional stack is in hotbar or inventory. It does not seem to matter if you have multiple reserve stacks.
Attachments
bug_locomotive_placement.JPG
bug_locomotive_placement.JPG (79.15 KiB) Viewed 1776 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.25] Drag to place from initial stack size 1 fails

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”