[Twinsen]Disabled miners won't let sulfuric acid flow through

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
EpicFail1403
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Twinsen]Disabled miners won't let sulfuric acid flow through

Post by EpicFail1403 »

I have a pretty weird mining outpost design where miners get enabled/disabled individually based on circuit logic. As the title described, disabled miners on uranium patches won't pass sulfuric acid to other properly connected adjacent miners.

I'm not quite sure if this behavior is intended. Since boilers without fuel will let water through, generators not connected to any power consumers will let steam through (I guess? not 100% sure.), and reactors without fuel will let heat through, to make it consistent, IMHO it is appropriate to make disabled miners to behave like other similar entities. If the players need flow control on miners, they should use wired pumps instead.

BTW currently my work around is to occasionally enable all miners for 1 tick.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Disabled miners won't let sulfuric acid flow through

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. Disabling an entity disables the logic the entity does. In the case of the miner that disables fluid flow, mining, and ejecting of any items it may have mined.

That's working correctly. The other scenarios you describe never disable an entity.

If you want the drill to work (and for fluid to flow) then you can't disable the drill.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Disabled miners won't let sulfuric acid flow through

Post by Twinsen »

I disagree with that guy above :P

Although it's a minor issue I believe it's more convenient for fluid to flow through disabled miners.
Fixed in Version: 0.15.24

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”