[Rseding91] [0.15.19] Rocket launching when inserting extra modules

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
silvervest
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[Rseding91] [0.15.19] Rocket launching when inserting extra modules

Post by silvervest »

When you have a rocket ready to launch, and auto-launch with cargo checked, if you are then to add more than 4 modules of any kind to the silo, the extras overflow into the cargo and triggers the launch.
Ie, if I have a stack of 5 prod 3 modules and ctrl+click the silo to drop them in, four modules go into the silo's module slots, and the last module goes into cargo.

I'm guessing this makes sense for non-modules, but I'd say the silo entity should understand that you're inserting modules and only take at most four items off the dropped stack.
If, like me, you were to drop a stack of 50 onto the silo, you would immediately lose both a rocket and 46 modules to the barren solitude of space.

I found this last night and have been able to reproduce it both in single and multiplayer

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [15.19] Rocket launching when inserting extra modules

Post by TruePikachu »

While it is pretty clear that there is a bug here (either that the launching slot will quickfill with modules in the first place, or that both the module slots and the launching slot will take the modules in a single operation), the only way this can actually cause the loss of material is if the silo is set to automatically launch cargo. If you're worried about losing your modules, just disable it or only fill the silo when it is still building the rocket.

I'd think that the proper "fix" for this would be to either (a) prevent the launching slot from quickfilling with modules unless no module slots were filled from the particular interaction, or (b) prevent the launching slot from quickfilling with modules period. While both behaviours are inconsistant with how assemblers behave (they fill the module slots iff the selected recipe does not consume modules), the current behaviour is also inconsistant, but moreso (since it is filling two "inventories" instead of one). In the base game, at least, there is no reason to launch modules, so it makes sense to prevent quickfill from putting modules in the launching slot; the player should still be able to put them in manually, as well as inserters, so mods aren't restricted from using modules launched into space.

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

But this will make space go faster! I'm all for it.

c0bRa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by c0bRa »

I also fired 46 Speed3 Modules into Space, but nevermind, I didn't write a bug report, i just laughed :lol:

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

golfmiketango wrote:But this will make space go faster! I'm all for it.
but then also sun will die faster, because energy consumption will increase :mrgreen:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] [15.19] Rocket launching when inserting extra modules

Post by Rseding91 »

I've changed it for the next version of 0.15 so items transferred into the silo that aren't part of the recipe only ever get put into the rocket when none of them ended up in the machine.

So when you click to put modules in, they will go into the module slots and then when you click again and none of them can fit in the module slots they will go into the rocket.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

facade11663
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Rseding91] [15.19] Rocket launching when inserting extra modules

Post by facade11663 »

Rseding91 wrote:I've changed it for the next version of 0.15 so items transferred into the silo that aren't part of the recipe only ever get put into the rocket when none of them ended up in the machine.

So when you click to put modules in, they will go into the module slots and then when you click again and none of them can fit in the module slots they will go into the rocket.
in 0.16 I ended up sending 25 productivity level 2 to space by control clicking the silo none of the productivity level 1 were upgraded and the rocket ran off

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”