[Harkonnen] [0.15.18] Item stuck on empty belt

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Harkonnen] [0.15.18] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by B4SK3 »

See attached screenshot. Science has been really slow lately due to blue circuits and I've pulled everything I made into Kovarex enriching so I do not think this can be related to the belt having been full.
When I ran past I noticed this one flask sitting there by its own. I tested and it seems that the flask was considered to be on the ground (I removed the adjacent belt and the one in its own tile and it remained where it was instead of moving to inventory where I had space). I then dropped it back in that tile and replaced belts after which flask moved as expected. Not sure how it could have got on the ground in a space with belt, which is why I consider it a bug.
yellow-flask-stuck.jpg
yellow-flask-stuck.jpg (860.25 KiB) Viewed 4594 times
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.42 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.15.18] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by Loewchen »

Post the save please. A save close before the issue presented could be helpful additionally if you have that .

B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15.18] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by B4SK3 »

You're in luck. I started making saves whenever I see something strange just in case I find something that doesn't get classified as "not a bug" ;)
Attachments
15rAIL_bug_potion_stuck_on_belt.zip
(10.38 MiB) Downloaded 122 times

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.18] [Harkonnen] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by Harkonnen »

I think it was dropped there manually, no other explanation how could it get there (belts do not produce item-on-ground, and inserters wouldn't hit that spot). It's still a bug of course that it was not picked up by vertical belt (it belongs to its tile) - if you upgrade that vertical yellow belt to red belt for example, the item starts moving. Do you remember dropping that yellow science on the ground? (explicitly or by mining horizontal yellow belt with full inventory)

B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.15.18] [Harkonnen] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by B4SK3 »

I don't recall that happening but it could well have been because of full inventory. It seems I'd have to downgrade to go through the replay (Cannot replay, save was created in 0.15.11 but current version is 0.15.18) Replays are not forward compatible? And to be honest, I don't look forward too much to going through 18 hours of savegame.. If it would help you I'll set some time aside. Let me know.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [Harkonnen] [0.15.18] Item stuck on empty belt

Post by Harkonnen »

Nah, no need for replaying, just thought you probably remember something about that :)

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Well, I managed to make some sort of repro for this by destroying side-loading belt. Unlike full inventory mining, after destruction items that were on the belt remain at same positions, so front item gets coordinate belonging to tile of the belt they were side-loaded to, and it never gets aware of that.
1.png
1.png (100.59 KiB) Viewed 4465 times
2.png
2.png (78.76 KiB) Viewed 4465 times

B4SK3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by B4SK3 »

Very plausible. I've had biter attacks in that area. Glad you were able to reproduce! Sorry that I couldn't be more specific.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Fixed for coming release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”