[Twisen] [15.16]Mass Multiplayer desyncs and connection issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
primedead
Inserter
Inserter

[Twisen] [15.16]Mass Multiplayer desyncs and connection issues

Post by primedead »

First of all this was a mass multiplayer so I got as much data as I was able to and Twinsen was at the event so he knows more about this. All of the information I can give is in this google drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The first issue was that there were people trying to connect to the game (it started at about 25 people). When people with slow internet tried to connect it would say waiting for server to save the map in .. amount of seconds. When the server should normally save for the players the people trying to connect would see a bar with no connection to the server. The weird part about that was that the players in the game didn't see the [player] can't connect bar only after a while. This was an issue when a lot of people tried to connect or someone with bad internet. I also monitored the server speed and at a time it went up to 700,000 kilobit's per second while the max-upload-speed was set to 20,000 in the server settings. I think this is the best explanation I can give about this. I may add that the players had huge big blueprint books(can be seen in the save).

The second issue was desyncs. i only managed to get 2 desync reports which i don't know if they were on-join or in-game desyncs. As far as I remember they started happening when we got to military sience (I might be wrong) they happened really inconsistently and went from 1 in-game guy desyncing to 10 people desyncing. This issue was mostly with people in game I shall handle on-join in a different explanation. I wasn't able to see if the people that desynced in game were at the same spot or if they were doing the same thing. It kind of looked like that was the case. They stopped after a while and got back when we got blue sience. From what I've seen the first desync issue caused them to get stuck in a desync loop and the second one didn't but don't quote me on that.

The third issue was people Desyncing on join. There were some desyncs on join. The desyncs on join also started when we got to about blue science. They happened inconsistently and happened more when someone new joined in. I can't really tell what we just build again this was on a huge map. The desyncs on join were desync loops. Again I don't know if all of them were because we can't really test it in a situation like that.

I hope I informed you guys good enough this way and I would be happy to help if there are more questions. I know twinsen has tested around with the first issue already but have no clue how far he got.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [15.16]Mass Multiplayer desyncs and connection issues

Post by Rseding91 »

The desync appears to be around a player in a car and some transport belts.

Any chance you know if someone was doing anything with cars at the time of the desync?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Never-mind, I figured out the cause of the desync. Thanks for the reports - they pointed me right at the problem :)

primedead
Inserter
Inserter

Post by primedead »

Oh awesome! Was there any progress on the connection issue as far as you know?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

As for the map upload problems - those Twinsen will be looking into.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twisen] [15.16]Mass Multiplayer desyncs and connection issues

Post by Twinsen »

The high network usage during connection should be solved in Version: 0.15.20 - 0.15.21.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”