[15.16] [Harkonnen] Deconstruction Planner bug on exiting map-mode

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Musical_tanks
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[15.16] [Harkonnen] Deconstruction Planner bug on exiting map-mode

Post by Musical_tanks »

I am not 100% Sure this is a bug but it confused the heck out of me and someone on reddit recommended I report it.

If you have the deconstruction planner out and are selecting an area to be cleared out in map-mode and you exit map-mode the deconstruction planner will remain tethered to its original location.

This caused me all sorts of problems because I was in that very situation yesterday when I lost radar coverage of the area I was deconstructing due to power loss. So I exited Map-mode without closing the deconstruction planner, but I was half ways across the map on the other side of my base and let go of the left mouse button after I exited Map-mode. To my surprise a third of my base had been slated for deconstruction.

I was able to reproduce the situation later, here is a GIF i made from the recording https://gfycat.com/IdealisticEssentialChrysomelid

Here http://i.imgur.com/psQ9cHs.png is a map I made of the incident yesterday. Thankfully I managed to stop my bots before much damage was done.

To reproduce:

1: Have deconstruction planner selected

2. Click and hold left mouse button like you are going to remove an object

3. Exit map mode while still holding left mouse button

4. Deconstruction planner will now be across anything between you and the original location.

I am not even sure how it should be done differently but having 5 hours of work accidentally set to deconstruction was very alarming.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [15.16] Deconstruction Planner bug on exiting map-mode

Post by Harkonnen »

The only way I can classify this as not a bug is to classify it as one of greatest UX trolling cases :) we'll fix that of course, thanks for report. Dragging will be canceled when you enter/exit map for blueprints and deconstruction planner.

EDIT: Fixed for coming release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”