Instant Frame Drop

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
nosserior
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Instant Frame Drop

Post by nosserior »

Not sure if i am posting this on the right place as I am not familiar with forums.
Here is my issue:

When the bots are placing building the frames drop from 59/60per-s. to 4/2per-s. or the screen tottaly freezes.
I have dual monitor setup and the other screen is playing normaly no effects there, just the game goes from rabbit to Gary(the slug) until a minute or so passes and the bots seem to have placed the staff and everything goes back to normal again.until i go back there).
When i try to build off the network no problem
I should mention that this happens with the personal roboport bots from the player invntory.

I have attached the saved game this happens, it's in the south west part of the map on the rails section with the roboport network.
(Don't judje the staff i build :oops: ).

Any help is appretiated.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :D

Edit: OK this also happens when i try to palce signals as well .... (also rams increase spikes high from 1,7 GB to 4GB-6GB)
Attachments
Bot Build Frame Freeze.zip
(23.43 MiB) Downloaded 139 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Instant Frame Drop

Post by Rseding91 »

That's... an interesting rail setup you've got :P

There was a function that was meant to update chain signals on the rail section changed when rails are built and because you've built a massive looped rail system with almost no signals it iterated through the rails some 13 million times each time one was built.

Anyway, it's fixed for the next version of 0.15 such that I get no measurable performance drop when the robots build the rails.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

nosserior
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Instant Frame Drop

Post by nosserior »

Haha i am getting loopy with the rails :)
Nice then i will w8 for the next roll out of .15 then since there is not much i can do atm.

Thanks for the fast responce!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”