BUG2.png (223.82 KiB) Viewed 3015 times
BUG1.png (200.4 KiB) Viewed 3015 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.15.11]Storage tank joints can be caught in

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the report,

Can you elaborate on the issue specifically?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

You appear to be using some mod that changes the storage tank sizes because you can't walk between them in the base game :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hi,
It is possible to walk between them in the base game. I am not sure when this took effect. But it appears that the collision boxes of the tanks allow just enough room for a player to squeeze through.
inbetween tanks.jpg
inbetween tanks.jpg (352.04 KiB) Viewed 2936 times
It is really intermittent, takes me 20+ tries to enter from the south in this configuration (the crate makes it more reliable somehow?). Just run in at a north-east direction and eventually you will slip through.

What I also noticed is that the distance that is between your hit box and the tank hit box is different all the time when you run directly at the tank. Sometimes there appears to be a 3 or so pixel gap, sometimes 1 sometimes there is no gap and sometimes (as in the image) they are on top of each other.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Rseding91 wrote:You appear to be using some mod that changes the storage tank sizes because you can't walk between them in the base game :)
I have managed to glitch into some storage tanks in the base game yesterday. I was connecting them with red wire, and then suddenly I slipped through. My tanks were in 3x3 blocks, and I was able to walk between the horizontal rows. I was not able to reproduce it, as soon as I walked out of the tanks, I could not get back in there. Hope it helps.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

conquestingturtle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by conquestingturtle »

I rediscovered this feature today. Is this still considered an active bug? I know why it is happening. Let me know if you want more.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

conquestingturtle wrote:I rediscovered this feature today. Is this still considered an active bug? I know why it is happening. Let me know if you want more.
Nope :) There are many such "quirks" like this in the game and trying to prevent all of them just leads to more problems. These things don't break the gameplay or unbalance it so we're just going to leave them as they are.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

I'd say just increase the size of the collision boxes by a few pixels each direction, but I too know that there is no such thing as an easy solution...
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

conquestingturtle
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by conquestingturtle »

Jap2.0 wrote:I'd say just increase the size of the collision boxes by a few pixels each direction, but I too know that there is no such thing as an easy solution...
That will solve the problem perfectly. There is enough space for people to pass through but the way the game handles movement makes achieving this rather difficult.

Return to “Not a bug”