[0.15.9] [Harkonnen] Num pad enter isn't treated as regular enter.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.15.9] [Harkonnen] Num pad enter isn't treated as regular enter.

Post by MasterBuilder »

Although they are technically separate keys, they are generally expected to do the same thing.

I can rebind enter/exit vehicle to num-pad enter and this works, but prevents regular enter from doing that as well. This I can live with. (Although I'd love it if both enter keys could enter/exit a vehicle.)

What really get me is that I can't use num-pad enter to set combinator values.
I mean this thing:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (382.31 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
I type numbers on the number-pad, then want to hit enter on the pad to accept the change. This does not work. The regular enter key does though.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Aeternus
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.9] Num pad enter isn't treated as regular enter.

Post by Aeternus »

This is normal and not even related to Factorio. Numpad enter is, for operating systems, a different key then regular enter. If you want to use numpad enter for specific actions, configure your game to do so via the keybinds?

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.15.9] Num pad enter isn't treated as regular enter.

Post by TruePikachu »

For the purposes of numeric entry fields (such as what the image shows), the number pad enter key generally should submit the value the same way the normal enter key does.

For the purposes of game key bindings (such as entering/exiting a vehicle), the number pad enter key generally should behave as an independant key from the normal enter key if the number pad numerals behave differently from the normal numerals.

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.15.9] [Harkonnen] Num pad enter isn't treated as regular enter.

Post by Harkonnen »

I will make Enter and Numpad-enter behave the same for both text-boxes and game-view. The reason for this - it's easier to imagine case when you'd like both to do same thing (like vehicles), but quite hard to image case when you'd want Enter keys to behave differently. And since we don't have yet ability to bind two keys to the same action, making Enters indistinguishable is IMO a way to go.

joon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by joon »

I hit always numpad-enter to enter my vehicle but it never worked so far.. lol

Harkonnen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Harkonnen »

Fixed for next release. Numpad enter is treated as regular enter. If somebody has numpad enter in controls config, it will be automatically rebound to regular enter.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”