[10.2] Incorrect block detection for rail signals

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[10.2] Incorrect block detection for rail signals

Post by Balthazar »

Something's been bothering me for a while with the signals and i finally think i know what it is; signals placed overlapping turns, even when it makes no sense for the signal to register the other side of the turn will still register as the same block.

The train is blocked here because the turn very slightly overlaps the same tile as the path above it. Obviously this is fixed by moving the signal back a little, but you're getting contradictory information, partly because the rails dont appear to be connected, and also the first signal before the turn is green even though the block its leading to occupied, which is just weird.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [10.2] Incorrect block detection for rail signals

Post by BurnHard »

Have you tried to remove the signal in the bottom left corner of the picture? That one makes no sense for me.

Balthazar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Balthazar »

This isn't about how to use signals, it was easy to fix, the problem is with the way a signal on a straight rail joining a curved rail splits the block, as in this case it doesn't. The straight rail very slightly overlaps with the box of the curved rail, so the game doesn't split them properly, which is why the train is stopped; it's being blocked by the train above it because the green signal in front of it doesn't seperate properly, even though visually it appears to.

You're right the signal below doesn't really do much, but it's irrelevant for the bug.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

This is kind of a known issue with the rails and signals. I agree it can be quite confusing when you have a situation like that. This particular situation will be solved in 0.10.3 (by making the bounding box of curved rail tiny bit smaller).

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”