[for 0.16] [0.15.2] Game is stuck when temp folder is locked

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
exi2163
Inserter
Inserter

[for 0.16] [0.15.2] Game is stuck when temp folder is locked

Post by exi2163 »

Bug priority
Low - Usually no impact to normal play

Bug Description
Trying to join a game while the folder AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\ is locked freezes the game

Game Log
58.872 Info ClientMultiplayerManager.cpp:669: Received mapReadyForDownload
58.872 Downloading file C:\Users\exi\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\mp-download.zip (8932616 B, 17759 blocks)
58.873 Warning WorkerThread.cpp:44: Thread exception: create_directories(p): invalid argument: operation not permitted.

Expected behaviour
The game should not freeze on a blocked temporary directory but should throw an error or use another directory.

Reproduction
Go to AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\ and use NTFS security settings to prevent the current user from changing the file mp-download.zip. The resulting log will be different from above but the issue is the same:
11325.029 Downloading file C:\Users\exi\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\mp-download.zip (5811159 B, 11553 blocks)
11325.029 Warning WorkerThread.cpp:44: Thread exception: Error when opening C:\Users\exi\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\temp\mp-download.zip for writing: Permission denied.
The game will freeze on "Waiting for Server to save map" and after a window switch the main menu is visible but the program does not react anymore.

Additional information
While trying to debug frequent occuring desyncs in a MP game where I and another person were constantly desyncing i went into that folder using windows explorer and left it open.
After that i could not join any game and had to force close factorio.exe. I closed the explorer that held the folder handle and could join games again.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [for 0.16] [0.15.2] Game is stuck when temp folder is locked

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is now fixed for the next version of 0.15.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”