[Rseding91] 0.15.2 Blueprint Manager Interface performance issues

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[Rseding91] 0.15.2 Blueprint Manager Interface performance issues

Post by Arumba »

Please load the attached save file in single player and see how the interface for the blueprint manager performs. In single player, I cannot open it without immediate and massive FPS/UPS drops whenever I interact with the GUI.
This game has had over 650 unique player ID's connect.

Please note that the default permissions are set to disable the GUI (to prevent people from causing the game to hang for everyone else..)
I believe... it might be the case that only Twinsen and Kovarex are able to load this save and modify the permissions/use the library. Perhaps you have a command to override the permissions. Console commands? I don't know.
LazyBastards.zip
(27.94 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Rseding91] 0.15.2 Blueprint Manager Interface performance issues

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've improved the performance by a large amount for the next version of 0.15.

There's still a measurable tick when you open the GUI but that's to be expected when it contains 600+ players. But, that "tick" is around 30-35 MS instead of 10~ seconds :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Arumba
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Arumba »

I would suggest that you alter the way it works a little bit. When you open the manager it should only load your own blueprint library (saved to local character settings file, no need to ping anyone) as well as the save file's blueprints (which I presume are saved in the save file data, again already local). Then, you have a button at the top that 'asks' to get a one time ping of other player's books. The data is not retained, or perhaps just not refreshed, until you click the button again. By default, you get no data from other players, meaning no lag or delay at *all*.

Additionally, you can always just ask a player to upload their super special blueprint into the save, instead of polling the entire list of players that have ever connected.
Also, some sort of search field would be really handy. Search/filter by player, entity, etc. Would be very useful on both your own blueprints and looking for blueprints from other players.

Since you *can* make a blueprint and a deconstruction planner for free from the moment you start the game, I would also suggest that the entities be added the the 'on_player_created" list for freeplay. Why make us open the GUI?

Loving it so far, just wish we could use it right now! I eagerly await the next beta patch :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I agree with Arumba on that. Should be only your blueprints then you gotta request (ping) someone else for their blueprints but not actually grab all them at once.

I was checking it out and I can for sure see the performance issues even more so when people have their blueprints really added up.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”