My Bots Don't Like to Construct It

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

My Bots Don't Like to Construct It

Post by ssilk »

In the attached game you see this:
I stand in a big blueprint that is partly constructed, on the left there the ghosted part of the supply-station, that is thought to supply this blueprint for the remaining construction parts. The plan is, that I initialize this first train stop, and the rest builds up itself.

The problem is, that this station is not being constructed. I have nearly all parts in my inventory, I have my bots freshly initialized, everything seems right. But the most important part of the supply-station is not being constructed!

Is that blueprint too big? Perhaps. :)
Is there are too much open constructions, that increase the queue so much, that it just need to wait? I don't know, I have no feedback for that.
Are there robots out there in the field, with no energy, that are assigned to build that? I don't know, no feedback.
Attachments
World18.80-ItDoesntConstruct.zip
(64.18 MiB) Downloaded 200 times
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: My Bots Don't Like to Construct It

Post by Rseding91 »

You've got roughly 3800 entity ghosts and 14,000 tile ghosts on your map. At 1/tick that's 17800~ ticks to cycle though them all or 296 seconds or 5 minutes.

If you stand there for 5 minutes the robots will eventually get to the things you're standing on. Or you can build more roboports so there's always coverage and items available to build what ever ghost is checked.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: My Bots Don't Like to Construct It

Post by posila »

Actually, when there are lot of ghosts, personal roboport is supposed to search area it covers for ghosts so personal roboport doesn't become useless. There is a bug it gives up searching for more ghosts if it finds one it cannot build due to missing item to build it.
Thanks for the report.
Fixed for 0.15

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”