[0.13.20] [Martin] Using '~' whilst naming things opens console

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.20] [Martin] Using '~' whilst naming things opens console

Post by Xeteth »

I am trying to put a ~ symbol in front of some of my train stations since they will then show up at the bottom of the train list (it follows ASCII order, right?). However when I have the GUI open to name a station and hit ~ it opens the console. It is however possible to enter the ~ symbol into the dialogue box if the console is already open and the cursor is set on the station naming GUI.

I have also tested this and found this same behavior for naming blueprints/books.

Would it be possible to disable the opening of the console whilst a text field is open?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.20] Using '~' whilst naming things opens console

Post by kovarex »

Well, I don't consider this a bug, ~ is used to open console, if you don't like it, you can set it up to different key.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

This is definitely a bug, ` (grave key) is used by default to open the console, so typing ~ (Shift + `) shouldn't open the console, but it does. Reopening.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Well I fixed, that Shift+` would open the console while ` was bound to open the console, but an underlying problem (probably) still remains, I think that no controls should be triggered when a text field is focused, apart from Escape to get rid of the focus, so I'm leaving this open.

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeteth »

HanziQ wrote:Well I fixed, that Shift+` would open the console while ` was bound to open the console, but an underlying problem (probably) still remains, I think that no controls should be triggered when a text field is focused, apart from Escape to get rid of the focus, so I'm leaving this open.
Thanks HanziQ <3

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.13.20] [Martin] Using '~' whilst naming things opens console

Post by HanziQ »

Fixed for the next release.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”