[13.15][posila] Save file corruption when killing entity after changin its force (reproducible)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
mknejp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[13.15][posila] Save file corruption when killing entity after changin its force (reproducible)

Post by mknejp »

While experimenting with forces for a mod I found that sometimes the game state would corrupt or even crash when exiting. While I was unable to reproduce the crash I could find a sequence that made the game state reliably corrupt. All of this with no mods running.

Create a new game and run the following command:

Code: Select all

/c game.create_force("test");local e=game.player.surface.create_entity{name="construction-robot", force=game.player.force, position=game.player.position};e.force=game.forces.test;e.die();game.player.surface.create_entity{name="construction-robot", force=game.player.force, position=game.player.position}
Now save the game and get a game state corruption message. This also happens if the steps are done manually or when killing the entity using gunfire instead of script. See attached log. Sometimes if this happened during an autosave the game would crash when trying to quit the game after that but as mentioned I am unable to find consistent reproduction steps for the crash.

edit: clarified it's a game state corruption, not desync.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Last edited by mknejp on Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.15] Desync when killing entity after changin its force

Post by Loewchen »

The savegame corruption would be very valuable to finaly have reproduced, please provide the log and report of the desync as well, as I don't understand that yet.

mknejp
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [13.15] Save file corruption when killing entity after changin its force (reproducible)

Post by mknejp »

Ah yes, it's not a desync. Must have misread the error message. It's only a save file corruption.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [13.15][posila] Save file corruption when killing entity after changin its force (reproducible)

Post by posila »

Thanks for bug report and reliable repro steps.
Fixed for 0.13.16

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [13.15][posila] Save file corruption when killing entity after changin its force (reproducible)

Post by daniel34 »

Moved to Resolved for the next release.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”