[0.13.6] Empty Blueprints can be labeled

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Piumosso
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.13.6] Empty Blueprints can be labeled

Post by Piumosso »

Don't know if you consider this a bug or a feature, but it's possible to rename an empty blueprint.

1) Choose an empty blueprint and select some stuff as you normally do.
2) Change the blueprint label. (I named it "stuff" below).
3) Cancel the blueprint.

The empty blueprint will still have the name you chose in step 2, despite being blank. Right-clicking it does not bring up the blueprint edit screen.
factorio_1.jpg
factorio_1.jpg (156.93 KiB) Viewed 5443 times

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13.6] Empty Blueprints can be labeled

Post by brunzenstein »

Piumosso wrote:Don't know if you consider this a bug or a feature, but it's possible to rename an empty blueprint.

1) Choose an empty blueprint and select some stuff as you normally do.
2) Change the blueprint label. (I named it "stuff" below).
3) Cancel the blueprint.

The empty blueprint will still have the name you chose in step 2, despite being blank. Right-clicking it does not bring up the blueprint edit screen.
factorio_1.jpg
I see this as a nice feature

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

That's by design. clearing a labeled setup blueprint also doesn't erase the label. The label isn't part of the "blueprint" part of the blueprint.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

The icons aren't part of the "blueprint part" either. But you clear those. I think it makes a lot of sense to clear the label too.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

At the very least give us a means of clearing the label for accidentally labelled empty blueprints. Or... an option setting?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

So I decided to change the "clear" behavior so it also clears the label since I couldn't think of a good reason for it to work as it does now and it was pretty easy to do.

So, fixed for the next version of 0.13.

bzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bzzz »

Oh nooooo...
Redoing the blueprints was a bit easier since the label wasn't cleared. Now, besides of choosing the same icons, we would need to retype a label. Is there an easier way to replace content of the blueprint, but leaving the same label and icons?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

bzzz wrote:Oh nooooo...
Redoing the blueprints was a bit easier since the label wasn't cleared. Now, besides of choosing the same icons, we would need to retype a label. Is there an easier way to replace content of the blueprint, but leaving the same label and icons?
https://xkcd.com/1172/

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

:mrgreen:

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

Why not (sorry for the then wasted time) add a "clear" button for the label? And yes, I just started redoing blueprints, and then it's good the label stays. Although, to be frank, a better way to replace blueprints would be way better. Or a real, deep, blueprint editor, but a replace function would probably still be easier to use.

bzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by bzzz »

Yeah, something like holding Shift while placing a blueprint would switch it to the copying mode, without loosing label and icons. That would be really handy.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

This is interesting, because I'm right in the middle of both positions. Probably clearing the label is the right way, but I think there should be a way to "re-take" the blueprint, without having to clear it first (so all the icons, label and settings would stay, but the contents are erased).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

bzzz wrote:Yeah, something like holding Shift while placing a blueprint would switch it to the copying mode, without loosing label and icons. That would be really handy.
Well, "shift" is already taken when you hold a blueprint, as it enables "forced placement".

Currently the only way to copy a blueprint without placing it is by using a blueprint manager (KBM is best I think, you add the blueprint to the manager, then make a copy onto a blank).

I think in the game there could just be an additional button, that allows you to clear the entities but keep the settings.

For copying, you should be able to take an empty blueprint, and while holding it, you click on a blueprint in your inventory, and that will then take a copy.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”