[solved][12.31 - .33] MP Map Download falls back to 0kb/s

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[solved][12.31 - .33] MP Map Download falls back to 0kb/s

Post by Speadge »

Hi,

Since the Update to 12.31 my Server has Problems to distribute the maps to Clients.
Almost on every Connection, the download soon drops to 0kb/s between half up to the end of the download (somewhere at 50-95%).

After a downgrade to 12.30 everything is fine again.

Im Running a Server in my own Network, which is why my mapdownload is almost instantly finished and never breaks down - but Connections "from outside" almost suffer by this Problem.
Is there any way to fix that? tried several port configs and what i know by working in the IT, but nothing helped yet.

Server is running on a Windows OS, fully patched, "non-peer-to-peer"-config.
The log says nothing but "downloading map" and doesnt update until the Client kills its factorio and the Server is reporting a Connection loss.

- additional: anyone knows a way to downgrade a map back to 12.30?

Regards
Last edited by Speadge on Fri May 13, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speadge
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [12.31 - .33] MP Map Download falls back to 0kb/s

Post by Speadge »

So, we figured out what caused the Problem with the help of the unbelievable Cube
#blamecube

factorio sends packages sized to about 1238 Bytes (at least on my logs) for map Transfers.
If ur Connection is limited to a smaller number somewhere.. for...reasons.... the packages might become fragmented which leads to the Problem that the Clients Need informations and Server wont ever send the "full" package needed.

Stated by Cube it should work anyway, but as of 12.33 it still seems to cause Problems.

So if u ever run into a Scenario just like described above, u might want to check ur router / Connection Setting on Server and clientside for the MTU or sth thet could lower it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [solved][12.31 - .33] MP Map Download falls back to 0kb/s

Post by cube »

This should be fixed for 0.12.34 or 0.13.0, whichever comes first.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”