[0.12.26] [kovarex] Network statistics are lost when joining 2 of them

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jarcionek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.26] [kovarex] Network statistics are lost when joining 2 of them

Post by jarcionek »

I have one large electric network which contains my entire factory (A) and solar power plant (B). There is only single wire connection between these two.

This is how network statistics look like:
1 - network joined.png
1 - network joined.png (607.05 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
I remove one big electric pole splitting the network into two - A and B. This is network A's statistics - graph remained unchanged, the number of solar panels and accumulators dropped (as expected):
2 - network A.png
2 - network A.png (579.7 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
And network B's statistics:
3 - network B.png
3 - network B.png (586.8 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
At this point, in my opinion, B's stats are not correct. It was treated as the whole new network - all stats are lost. However network A statistics kept the original graphs, when there were 10k solar panels in the network. There is inconsistency in this behaviour. I would expect to see the electricity usage of the factories in the network B. Anyway, this is questionable.

The problem arises when I place the big electric pole back, and the rejoined network's statistics look like this:
4 - network rejoined.png
4 - network rejoined.png (578 KiB) Viewed 2494 times
Expected: Graph should look similar to the graph before separating the networks, with a minor change at the time when networks were separated
Actual: The entire network is treated as new one, all statistics are lost

A solution might be to treat the older network (i.e. with longer graph) as primary while the other network as new addition. This way, the younger network's graph would be lost instead.

Save file attached.
Attachments
Bug.zip
save file
(17.61 MiB) Downloaded 116 times

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] [kovarex] Network statistics are lost when joining 2 of them

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thanks for the report, merging two electric network will now (0.12.27) also merge the statistics.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”