[0.12.26] [kovarex] Logistic drones + Limited chest = works wrong

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.26] [kovarex] Logistic drones + Limited chest = works wrong

Post by Sastas »

So I ran into this bug. If you limit a chest the drones get items from the first slot, and they not pick up from the last. So for example: I make Electric Motors, But I forget to limit them I made 10 stacks. Then I just limit it to 2 stacks. Drones collect them, but they pick up from the first slot, instead from the last. So the stacks from the limited slots never will used. Obviusly, its can be "repair" by hand or just use some inserters to fic it, but they should work like the inserters, took stuffs from last available slots and put them into the first one. I hope you got it. Thanks.
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] Logistic drones + Limited chest = works wrong

Post by Rseding91 »

That's actually a bug in the way inserters are working. They aren't meant to touch the items in the restricted slots - how robots work.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Rseding91 wrote:That's actually a bug in the way inserters are working. They aren't meant to touch the items in the restricted slots - how robots work.
Kovarex changed this for 0.12.4:
kovarex wrote:These are not actually bugs, but small feature requests.

But I will do them anyway, because the changes are very simple, and these things were annoying me as well.

So the the main inventory has now bigger priority when picking stuff from character and the order of slots inserter takes into consideration has been reversed for 0.12.4
Also made as Idea/Suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=20309
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Right. The order is intended. The inserter grabbing stuff from the restricted slots is not.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Rseding91 wrote:Right. The order is intended. The inserter grabbing stuff from the restricted slots is not.
It's a very useful feature actually. You can dump excess to be pulled out but it won't fill those again.

Sastas
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Sastas »

orzelek wrote:It's a very useful feature actually. You can dump excess to be pulled out but it won't fill those again.
I share this view as well. If I want something stays in the chest I put a steel chest instead of providers, and not place inserters "on" it. So yes, small but annoying stuffs. I found something else in our last livestream, but I forgot it right now. When it's come up again I'll open another thread.
Ohh and just a question if you are here right now(google didn't help). There are any way to play the base campaigns in multiplayer? We want to broadcast every moment of the game, but when we try to open the game for multiplayer its crashed. We just save the game, in single, and then load it as a server. And then crash(its gave some error, but we closed it, and just start a new map instead) Should I open a new trhead for this or you can move it or just answer with a link or something?
Regards.
If you need a hungarian translator/interpretor, contact me. Here or on youtube. Or anywhere :)

youtube.com/sastas

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Rseding91 wrote:Right. The order is intended. The inserter grabbing stuff from the restricted slots is not.
Actually, it is.

The restriction is restriction of input, not of output, for the exact reason described in this topic.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

kovarex wrote:
Actually, it is.

The restriction is restriction of input, not of output, for the exact reason described in this topic.
I see how it is :) It's intended to work the way that sounds best at the time. (in the past before the inserter reverse grabbing they did not touch restricted slots).

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

I think both inserters and robots should be able to pick up items from any slot, starting at the end, place only in not-restricted, starting from the beggining.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

HanziQ wrote:I think both inserters and robots should be able to pick up items from any slot, starting at the end, place only in not-restricted, starting from the beggining.
This is what I would like to see, too.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I totally +1 on that. Seems so logical.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.26] [kovarex] Logistic drones + Limited chest = works wrong

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for 0.12.27 now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”