[0.12.24 steam] [Martin]Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
ltl king
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.24 steam] [Martin]Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

Post by ltl king »

Steam version.

After going into mods and changing them.
When you hit the back button to go back the main menu.
The game closes.

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Changing mods and the game crashes.

Post by Smarty »

the game closes when you change the mods is not a bug
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Any changes in the mods settings will automatically trigger the game to be restarted. (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=20026)

But it should restart and it doesnt so that is the bug (i think)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I have the same problem here : the game quits and it does not restart. steam 0.12.24 version.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Maybe this is related to the ultra long times wich factorio needs to update the steamcloud.

In the version from here, factorio restarts for me and with the steamversion it dont.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I tried to disbale steam cloud on Factorio only, and it seems to smoothen the things.
But I wonder what I lost doing this. Is you save map backuped on steam ? as your config ? I don't know...

Martc
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.24 steam] Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

Post by Martc »

I also noticed that cloud synchronization, after existing factorio, takes a while. I was unable to run another game and when i tried exit Steam, cloud synchronization dialog popup and it takes minute or two to complete. And I think it is not connected with mod change, I was only exiting factorio from the menu.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.24 steam] Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

Post by binbinhfr »

Yes, maybe dev should take into account that some people with basic DSL connection have a 1Mb/s download rate but only a 80kb/s upload rate, so you cannot upload big files to steam so easily...

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

If you don't have a fast enough connection to use Steam Cloud, turn off Steam Cloud. Saves for Factorio are large and there is not much we can do, you can turn it off only for Factorio, if you want.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Yes, thank you, that's what I did. :-)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.24 steam] [Martin]Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

Post by binbinhfr »

But anyway, under steam, the lastest problem persists : if I toggle one mod on/off, the game quits but does not restart as it pretend to do :-)
So this is a bug IMHO, no ?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.24 steam] [Martin]Changing mods and the game closes, but it doesn't start again sometimes.

Post by daniel34 »

I have steam cloud disabled due to the amount and size of saves (500 MB) and bad upload speed (0,5mbit).
I can reproduce this problem every time. This happens only on the steam version, the website one is fine.

I've deleted the log files, then launched the steam version of factorio, disabled a mod and went back. Factorio closes and never restarts, I only have a factorio-current.log:
Log file
Some more info:

Code: Select all

13:54:11,2251204 Factorio (PID 7100) creates a new process (PID 7484) with parameter --wait-to-close 7100
13:54:11,2251350 Factorio (PID 7484) Process Start
13:54:11,2442149 Factorio (PID 7100) closes the config.ini
13:54:11,4145609 Factorio (PID 7484) exits with Exit Status 1
13:54:13,7162526 Factorio (PID 7100) closes the mods zip files
13:54:13,8724482 Factorio (PID 7100) closes the factorio-current.log
13:54:13,9334879 Factorio (PID 7100) exits with Exit Status 0
Whenever I exit Factorio (using Exit or just closing the window) it takes 2-3 seconds to actually close, this has been happening for a few months now. My guess is that the Steam version doesn't allow having 2 copies running in this case, as it works on the website version.

I've attached the complete process log file (.pml), to be opened with Sysinternals Process Monitor.
Attachments
Logfile.zip
(304.18 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

This was a problem with the --wait-to-close command line argument not being available in the steam version, should be fixed in 0.12.25.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”