[0.12.22] [kovarex] Accumulators keep energy level when destroyed

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Dr. Walrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.22] [kovarex] Accumulators keep energy level when destroyed

Post by Dr. Walrus »

While working on an accumulator mod, I was watching my accumulator discharge while attached only to an assembly machine. I did not excessive proper gun safety and accidentally shot the accumulator with my shotgun at pointblank range, destroying the accumulator. When a construction robot from my personal roboport rebuilt the accumulator on the blueprint from the destroyed accumulator, I was shocked to see that this new accumulator had the same amount of charge in it as the the old accumulator did when it was destroyed.

Here it is in action with a regular accumulator. https://youtu.be/PYeaJcK9rCo

A little testing later and I've discovered that all blueprints placed by the game when an entity is destroyed will save the amount of energy that was in the entity before it was destroyed, and when the new entity is placed by a construction robot it starts off with that energy already in it. I assume that this works similarly how these "death blueprints" also save assembly machine recipe, circuit network wire connections, circuit network conditions, and turret kills. From a programming point of view it makes perfect sense why energy level would be saved as well. But from gameplay point of view, I don't think energy level of an entity should be saved in the "death blueprint" because unlike those other conditions, energy is a resource and has to be created. Similarly to how when a storage tank full of lubricant is destroyed and rebuilt by a construction robot, the lubricant is lost forever.

Obviously this isn't a big deal in normal gameplay, but I could see it possibly coming in to play in some sort of PvP multiplayer. If enemy players rush into your base at night and destroy your accumulators in order to cripple your power supply, a nearby roboport could just rebuild the accumulators and you wouldn't loose power. That's just something that came to mind.

Thanks!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.22] [kovarex] Accumulators keep energy level when destroyed

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is fixed for 0.12.23 now.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”