[0.12.17] [Twinsen] Rocket silo blocking inserter

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

[0.12.17] [Twinsen] Rocket silo blocking inserter

Post by daniel34 »

I've started a (mostly) vanilla playthrough of Factorio to see how many rockets I can launch and have found this bug:

I've put down a requester chest and an inserter for the three main ingedients for the rocket itself (20x Low density structure, 20x Rocket fuel, 20x Rocket control unit) copy-pasted with Shift+click from the rocket silo.
I added the satellite (x5) requirement on the requester chest later (after the rocket was finished), but it wouldn't insert the satellite. Turns out the inserter is stuck trying to insert more Rocket fuel into the silo.

I know that assemblers were tweaked to allow more than 1 stack of an item in the input slot, but it doesn't work properly for rocket silos, as 24x Rocket fuel is already in the silo (stack limit is 10), but the inserter is trying to insert more and is stuck. (I've researched Inserter item stack size bonus 4, the highest one in vanilla).

I've attached the save. You can ignore the YARM (resource monitor) mod, it's the same behaviour without the mod.

tl;dr inserter trying to insert more items than the rocket silo is capable of holding

EDIT: removing the inserter and placing a new one does work (and that's what I did to continue this map), but it doesn't address the problems mentioned above.
Attachments
rocket_silo_bug.zip
(7.67 MiB) Downloaded 225 times
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.12.17] Rocket silo blocking inserter

Post by daniel34 »

Same bug with the second rocket:

I wanted to launch it but the satellite hasn't been inserted yet, instead the inserter is trying to insert a Rocket control unit.

EDIT: this time removing and placing an inserter doesn't work, it always wants to insert a low density structure. Save included, just add an inserter between the requester chest and the rocket silo.
It will try to insert a low density structure although there are > 20x of the main components of the rocket already in the silo. The inserter gets stuck there and never inserts a satellite, although 5 are in the chest.
Attachments
rocket_silo_bug_2.zip
(8.15 MiB) Downloaded 193 times

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

the silo stops accepting materials when the rocket is ready
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

kinnom wrote:the silo stops accepting materials when the rocket is ready
Where did you get that info? It should still insert a satellite.

Which brings me to the launch of the 4th rocket, I launched it and then got the message about how I launched it without a satellite, because the inserter was stuck again :cry:

EDIT: added picture
The rocket is finished, but the inserter won't insert the satellite, it's stuck trying to insert a Low density structure instead.

EDIT2: Even after launching that rocket I had to remove/replace the inserter for the next rocket because it was still stuck. I'm probably going to use 4 requester chests + inserters (1 for each component) so this bug doesn't bother me anymore.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.17] [Twinsen] Rocket silo blocking inserter

Post by Twinsen »

There was indeed a bug causing the inserter to not add the satellite in your specific situation.
It is now fixed in 0.12.19.

As a clarification, after the fix: As soon as the rocket silo finishes building the rocket, the inserters are no longer allowed to put rocket parts inside. But they will be able to put any item that is not part of the rocket recipe(satellite or anything else).

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”