[0.12.16][Oxyd] bugs with filled underground belts

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.16][Oxyd] bugs with filled underground belts

Post by gheift »

I discovered two bugs with underground belts:

If a half underground belt (only entrance, no exit), which is filled with items is reserved, some of the items remain in the underground. They return if the half underground belt is mined again. To reproduce: place the inserter in the save that it puts the 4 ores on the belt. When they are all on the belt, turn the belt and the underground belt in the other direction. The expected result would be 4 ores in the other chest, but there will be none.

If a filled underground belt is marked for deconstruction the bots will fetch the items and put them into the chests. After cleaning the underground belt both sides are deconstructed, but only one is put into the chest. Therefore by deconstructing filled underground belts you lose one half of an underground belt. To reproduce this just deconstruct the filled underground belt with the deconstruction planer.
Attachments
underground_belt_bugs.zip
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 181 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.16][Oxyd] bugs with filled underground belts

Post by Oxyd »

gheift wrote:I discovered two bugs with underground belts:

If a half underground belt (only entrance, no exit), which is filled with items is reserved, some of the items remain in the underground. They return if the half underground belt is mined again. To reproduce: place the inserter in the save that it puts the 4 ores on the belt. When they are all on the belt, turn the belt and the underground belt in the other direction. The expected result would be 4 ores in the other chest, but there will be none.
Fixed for the next release.
gheift wrote:If a filled underground belt is marked for deconstruction the bots will fetch the items and put them into the chests. After cleaning the underground belt both sides are deconstructed, but only one is put into the chest. Therefore by deconstructing filled underground belts you lose one half of an underground belt. To reproduce this just deconstruct the filled underground belt with the deconstruction planer.
Can't reproduce. When I deconstruct an underground belt, I get two underground belt items back.

gheift
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gheift »

Oxyd wrote:Can't reproduce. When I deconstruct an underground belt, I get two underground belt items back.
This is the case if the underground belt is empty. If you deconstruct the one in the given save, which is filled with copper ore, only one half of the underground belt gets into the storage. See the given images as an example. I used a fresh unpacked 0.12.17 for them.
Attachments
deconstruct-underground-1.png
deconstruct-underground-1.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 6568 times
deconstruct-underground-2.png
deconstruct-underground-2.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 6568 times
deconstruct-underground-3.png
deconstruct-underground-3.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 6568 times

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

gheift wrote:
Oxyd wrote:Can't reproduce. When I deconstruct an underground belt, I get two underground belt items back.
This is the case if the underground belt is empty. If you deconstruct the one in the given save, which is filled with copper ore, only one half of the underground belt gets into the storage. See the given images as an example. I used a fresh unpacked 0.12.17 for them.
I see. Apparently, the belt not only has to be filled, both ends also have to be exactly three tiles apart and you must have top-level logistic robot speed and logistic robot cargo size researches. No idea what causes it yet, but at least I was able to reproduce it now.

Also, to clarify, the first bug isn't fixed in .17. I made the fix as the release script was running and that apparently makes it all confused, so it included the fix in the changelog even though the fix itself didn't make it. The first bug at least will be fixed in .18, though.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

Okay, both are now fixed for 0.12.18.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”