[posila] Beacons affect Steel furnace

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

[posila] Beacons affect Steel furnace

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

Tested without Mods 0.12.8
Beacons affect steel furnace if you place the furnace after you placed the beacon. This behavior causes desync issues on Multiplayer. (Reproducible)

If you replace the beacon, there is no more effect on the furnace.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Beacons affect Steel furnace

Post by daniel34 »

We had the same issue with Dytech on our multiplayer server. After the game was won (rocket sent) we reproduced this issue and the error occured. We thought this was a problem with Dytech, and I wanted to write an issue on the Github page later today.

Steps to reproduce:
- Place a furnace (in Dytech a lava heater)
- Place a beacon
- Place another furnace in range of the beacon
- The second furnace will not get the effects from the beacon
- One player leaves and joins again (or a new player joins)
- Both furnaces show the beacon effects for the new player, but not for the player(s) already in the game
- When the furnace starts to produce, there's a desync because the produced amount is not the same for every peer (one peer gets the beacon bonus, the other one doesn't)

Although we thought the issue was Dytech and liquids in furnaces, it seems that the error also occurs in vanilla.

EDIT: I just read the Bug Report again and it seems that TiTaN_3000 reported a different bug than me. His bug is that beacons affect steel furnaces in the first place, while my bug is that placing a furnace within beacon range has different results for connected players vs. players that connect afterwards. I'm pretty sure these bugs are linked somehow (furnaces+beacons=desync), so I'll leave my reply as it is.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

TiTaN_3000
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TiTaN_3000 »

daniel34 wrote:We had the same issue with Dytech on our multiplayer server. After the game was won (rocket sent) we reproduced this issue and the error occured. We thought this was a problem with Dytech, and I wanted to write an issue on the Github page later today.

Steps to reproduce:
- Place a furnace (in Dytech a lava heater)
- Place a beacon
- Place another furnace in range of the beacon
- The second furnace will not get the effects from the beacon
- One player leaves and joins again (or a new player joins)
- Both furnaces show the beacon effects for the new player, but not for the player(s) already in the game
- When the furnace starts to produce, there's a desync because the produced amount is not the same for every peer (one peer gets the beacon bonus, the other one doesn't)

Although we thought the issue was Dytech and liquids in furnaces, it seems that the error also occurs in vanilla.

EDIT: I just read the Bug Report again and it seems that TiTaN_3000 reported a different bug than me. His bug is that beacons affect steel furnaces in the first place, while my bug is that placing a furnace within beacon range has different results for connected players vs. players that connect afterwards. I'm pretty sure these bugs are linked somehow (furnaces+beacons=desync), so I'll leave my reply as it is.
As far as i know beacons should not affect furnaces. This will also fix the multiplayer desync issues.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

It's because of the new graphic. The programming logic figures they look so good they should have beacon affect .

On a serious note, great find.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [posila] Beacons affect Steel furnace

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report. Fixed for 0.12.9.
@daniel34: It is different manifestation of the same bug.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”