[0.12.4][hanziq] Inserters taking from wrong side on underground belts

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

[0.12.4][hanziq] Inserters taking from wrong side on underground belts

Post by Alvin853 »

The issue reported in https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 11&t=14544 is fixed for underground exit belts, but it still exists on entrance to underground.

Example:

As you can see, pulling from the exit correctly takes the item on the close side, but inserters pulling items from the underground belt entrance pick the items on the far side.

Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.4] Inserters taking from wrong side on underground belts

Post by Alvin853 »

It seems that the issue is even bigger, I observed my inserters again and they behave very randomly. In the following picture, only the inserter circled in green takes iron plates from the close side of the belt, all others take iron from the far side:

Maybe it has something to do with the items moving, e.g. the inserters prefer to pick from the non-moving side? I might do some more testing tomorrow, if you need any more information on this problem.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.12.4][hanziq] Inserters taking from wrong side on underground belts

Post by HanziQ »

Would you happen to have the savefile with the testing setup? I have not been able to reproduce this, only with rotated belts, which I think is a separate problem (unless you rotated every underground belt).

Alvin853
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alvin853 »

I just did some more testing with the 0.12.5 update, and I can't reproduce the issue on any newly placed setups anymore. It seems whatever caused this problem has been fixed, but the existing setup is still showing the wrong behaviour.

Since I did the testing in my main game and I can't reproduce it in any new games, I'm uploading my save right now so you can take a look and maybe get an insight on what is going on. I disabled all mods but electric switch from the smarter circuitry mod, since the save won't load without this mod active. In this save you can start the test by just placing a big pole in the center, everything should be set up, and you get the result as shown in the opening post of this thread. Any attempt to copy the setup, manually or by blueprint, or removing and replacing the inserters or underground belts will cause the inserter to behave as expected. Only the state the inserters are in as of loading shows the wrong behaviour, and the experiment is repeatable, it will keep being wrong until fixed by removing and replacing (or rotating the inserter 360° in place).

Link to savegame: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/194 ... r_test.zip

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

There was a problem with inserters and rotating belt, that will be fixed in 0.12.7.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”