Splitters bad splitting.

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Splitters bad splitting.

Post by oLaudix »

http://i.imgur.com/aotieGC.jpg
As you can see from the image splitters heavly favor belt on the left side. It goes as far as belt not placing ANY blue inserters from left side to right side. Up till now if the lane the item was on was occupied on the other belt it was put on the other side of the belt. Now it just waits there untill the right line is clear. Not sure if its not intended but imho its a bug.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Splitters bad splitting.

Post by Marconos »

Splitters are also broke where it no longer merges lines. a 2nd line won't inject into the first. As original poster stated, the left side is always preferred. If you have two belts coming into a splitter the right side won't merge in if the left side is full. Even when you have good movement through the lines.

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Thank you for the report, this has been fixed for the next release.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm....

I don't know if I like this. :)

This is now working exactly by taking 50% from each input when joining.
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 17.57.48.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 17.57.48.png (1.76 MiB) Viewed 3448 times
Before it worked in most cases like described in the wiki: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... s/Priority

Well, that was quite unstable behavior, as you can read in the wiki and some linked forum posts.

But there are some situations, where preferring one side is more than useful. For example if you want to built a storage: Now you need to use inserters to insert only, if the belt was empty, before a good placed splitter was enough.

Now we need to make it somehow bigger and more difficult:
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 18.40.31.png
Screen Shot 2015-07-24 at 18.40.31.png (1.47 MiB) Viewed 3448 times
(This still offers some inconsistency, if you look at the top belt-line and compare the left lane with the right lane, then you see, that the right lane is handled differently.)

(Off course there are more techniques to achive that, for example by side-inserting, but that is just not bringing the maximum throughput, I tested now more than an hour around...).

What I want to say: Something that enables this "old behavior" would be really cool....

For example one simple solution: If the belt directly before the splitter is a curve, but the other input side is a straight belt (or another splitter etc.), then the straight one is preferred (cause it is assumed to be the "main" line). Maybe this can be displayed also on the splitters top side?

Does that make sense? :roll:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”