Productivity unnafected by the crafting speed limit. [1.1.86]

Things that has been reported already before.
DemonicLaxatives
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Productivity unnafected by the crafting speed limit. [1.1.86]

Post by DemonicLaxatives »

1. While playing around with OP beacons and modules in a moded sandbox, Rate calculator mod reported to me that: "The Factorio engine has a hard limit of one crafting cycle and one productivity crafting cycle per game tick. Once this limit is reached, increasing the crafting speed or productivity further has no effect." However when I looked at the production tab, I noticed that that is untrue, and not only that, the limit is broken in an exploitable way.
2. To confirm my findings were not an issue with the mod, I repeated the procedure in a vanilla game with some modified base entities, just so I could actually hit the crafting speed limit. After hitting the crafting cycle limit of 1 per tick, the production rate, as expected, stalls, but if the machine has a productivity bonus, then going past the limit is not entirely fruitless, because the productivity bar keeps getting the speed bonus, meaning, your consumption rate is capped, but production rate keeps going up. Effectively making your speed modules into productivity modules.
3. I would expect for the productivity bar to be affected by the speed limit, to not result in free productivity.
4. This happens always, without a fail.
5. I've provided a save and the test mod (Editor Extensions required), in which I modified base game prod T1, speed T1, beacons and assemblers T3. The assembler is set to make barrels, has +100% productivity bonus and crafting speed of 120 due to speed modules in beacons. In the production tab you can see that barrels are produced at 11k/min while consuming 3.6k/min steel, effectively, a productivity bonus of ~200%, while it should only be +100%.
Attachments
productivity_bug_test.zip
test save, requires editor extensions
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
test-mod_0.0.1.zip
modified entities
(1.26 KiB) Downloaded 32 times

Return to “Duplicates”