[1.1.61] Fluid loss in long pipes at low volume

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[1.1.61] Fluid loss in long pipes at low volume

Post by atomizer »

Setup: about 600 pipes between two assemblers
factorio_sRAGL3w582.png
factorio_sRAGL3w582.png (130.36 KiB) Viewed 1240 times
Reproduction:
- add 1 barrel into unbarreling machine
- open the pipe
- observe fluid system contents drop over time, destroying fluid (increase game speed as needed)

The output machine is required, a standalone pipe does not lose fluid.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
long pipe test.zip
(613.18 KiB) Downloaded 72 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.61] Fluid loss in long pipes at low volume

Post by boskid »

I know that you know about 96170. This topic was already discussed there so do not create bug reports for something we already know. It uses floating point math and we do not care about tiny amounts of fluid losses, at least for now.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.61] Fluid loss in long pipes at low volume

Post by FuryoftheStars »

boskid wrote:
Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:39 pm
I know that you know about 96170. This topic was already discussed there so do not create bug reports for something we already know. It uses floating point math and we do not care about tiny amounts of fluid losses, at least for now.
I'm not sure if this has any bearing on your stand point, but felt it worth noting that in atomizer's report, it doesn't appear to be the pipes that are causing the fluid loss. The loss only seems to happen while the assembler (or a pump in the assembler's place) is attached, indicating that the trickle from the pipes to the assembler/pump is low enough that something is causing loss. I don't know if this is floating point, or if there's something else auto deleting fluid from these if it's too low?

It's not a huge deal either way, though, as this appears to only happen in these extremely low fluid situations.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Minor issues”