When I join a friends server, I cant move and the server kicks me.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
SatinRG99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

When I join a friends server, I cant move and the server kicks me.

Post by SatinRG99 »

Whenever I try to join a friends server I cant move or move only for a short period of time, then the server kicks me. While I am not unable to move I can see others around in real time doing the things they say in discord they are doing, so I suppose its not the connection. I was able to connect before but after adding 1 mod more to the server started to happen. This happened when the server was hosted on factorio zone, and hosting it with Amazon Web Service; using steam doesnt happen but we cant do this as others dont have the game bought. I've tried everything, reinstalling the mods, the game, unsyncing steam cloud, allowing factorio through firewall and it did nothing. Others can play with no problems im the only one with this issue.
The images are the list of the mods installed, and the mod that we last installed before having the problems is
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LandfillEverything.

My pc shouldnt be the issue as it runs it smoothly, and it has ran many many more big wolrds with even more mods. I have a laptop with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz, 8GB of RAM and NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050. pls help :(
stuff

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: When I join a friends server, I cant move and the server kicks me.

Post by Loewchen »

Sounds like your system cannot keep up, see 68653.

SatinRG99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SatinRG99 »

Thank you and sorry I didnt post the version and the log file before, its my first ever post, its the latest 1.1.59.
I saw 68653 and tried slowing the game with the command /c game.speed=0.8, and nothing happend, I only could move a little more but it kicked me again. While I could move I checked the FPS/UPS and saw no drops. Im attaching a screenshot of the game with all the performance data that I took before it kicks me when I join, like that post said, the save file and a log file where it happened.
I am sure my system should be able to keep up as we are kinda in early mid game with not a lot built, and I ve played the game a lot with many mods and larger factories on servers and nothing like this happened.
Attachments
factorios.jpg
factorios.jpg (1.53 MiB) Viewed 1282 times
p10.zip
(17.39 MiB) Downloaded 78 times
factorio-current - copia.log
(84.89 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Likely a network issue, the server is not receiving your packages once you are in game, so it kicks you after 20s. Do you have the issue on other servers as well?

SatinRG99
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SatinRG99 »

I tried now with different servers and without the mod, and got that same problem.

sejbr
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sejbr »

My issue which is somewhat similar was solved by Bilka's message here viewtopic.php?p=569062#p569062 check it out.

Return to “Technical Help”