[1.1.53] Disk Writes is very high on main menu

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
PLLovervoltage
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.53] Disk Writes is very high on main menu

Post by PLLovervoltage »

I created a script on my PC when my disk writes go above a certain rate for a sustained period because unknowingly I had chrome eat 20% of my disk remaining life over a single year just becuse I left on twitch streams (which is either a problem w/ twitch or chrome).

I haven't played factorio in a year so when I turned it on in a long time but left it on the menu screen for a few min it was triggering my script. And factorio at the menu screen was writing at a rate of over 40gb a day.

Honestly, noones going to sit at the menu screen for a prolonged period of time which is why I didnt post this under bugs. Also, for the record I'm not worried about ssd lifespan even considering the excessive usage becuz I'm going to retire the drive for performance/space reasons before it's dead.

However, it's still disconcerting that leaving factorio at the menu screen is writing at a rate of over 40gb/day just for the animations? (which is double the writes for watching twitch streams for a 8hrs a day)
Attachments
factorio disk usage.PNG
factorio disk usage.PNG (155.73 KiB) Viewed 2200 times

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.53] Disk Writes is very high on main menu

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. I've fixed 2 of the main causes of this for the next release so it should be drastically less disk writes.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”