[Twinsen][0.11.x] Keybing error

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[Twinsen][0.11.x] Keybing error

Post by bobingabout »

My key left of 1 that most people seem to be refering to as the tilde key (~) for bringing up the console is not a Tilde.

I'm using a standard british keyboard, our Tilde is one of the 2 keys left of enter (enter is a 2 tier button on a british keyboard), shift and # gives you a ~. the key I'm talking about is directly under ]/}

By default, there is no key on my keyboard that will open the console, I have to rebind the key. In attempt to keep the same key, I tried to keybind it to my key left of 1 (the ` ¬ ¦ key, yes it has 3 symbols on it), however, it is bound as "(none)" and doesn't do anything when you try to use it. hence why I bound it to my #/~ key instead.

This bug has existed for however long I've been playing the game, I don't know why I didn't report it before.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.x] Keybing error

Post by kovarex »

That is strange, and also the problem is, that I can't really reproduce it as all the key are bindable on my keyboard.

I don't really see a way to fix it, unless I know the exact escape sequence of the key.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x] Keybing error

Post by bobingabout »

According to Autohotkey, the scancode is 029 in hex.

I suppose the easiest way to test it would be if you had a british keyboard?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Twinsen
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Twinsen][0.11.x] Keybing error

Post by Twinsen »

Fixed this and added the ability to bind more keys including multimedia keys. They will have names like "KEY190", but this will do.

This fix is only for Windows. If anyone can reproduce the bug on linux or MacOS, please open a new bug report.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”