Mod forum rules

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Mod forum rules

Post by slpwnd »

The point of these rules is to have the main forum serve as sort of a "current mods" database. People who would like to play Factorio with mods should quickly be able to figure out what functional mods are there and what they can do.

1. Main forum is only for working mods. For the rest (guides, help, mod requests, wip mods, etc.) use the subforums.

2. One thread per mod.

3. Mod title should be in the form [MOD __FACTORIO_VERSION__] __MOD_NAME__
Where __FACTORIO_VERSION__ is the latest Factorio version the mod is known to work with. You can use x instead of the last number (bugfix number). For example : "[MOD 0.5.x] Flying logistic sheep".

4. Mod Opening post must include the mod description (what it does) and the current zipped mod package. Optionally it can include screenshots, changelog and known issues.

5. Obsolete / non-working mods will be moved to the Work In Progress subforum after they have failed to be updated. If you (as a player) find out that some of the mods is obsolete / non-working , please make a post about it in the mod thread.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Mod forum rules

Post by ssilk »

I want to introduce a format for mod-descriptions.
See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 89&t=13493

I recommend to use this.

The usage of this is voluntary for now, but it is in my opinion in the interest of the modders to use it, cause at some point in future, we will get a special mod-platform for that. It will make any work on the mass of mods easier, eventually it can be directly converted into that platform.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”