Running Factorio On a 144Hz Screen (Super fast gameplay)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Lucario
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Running Factorio On a 144Hz Screen (Super fast gameplay)

Post by Lucario »

So I just bought a 144hz screen but my problem is is Factorio doesn't just display extra frames to make it smoother it actually speeds up the entire game so I end up playing at more that twice the normal speed. This gets quite difficult towards the end of the game with exoskeletons and I end up speeding around the game too fast to fight aliens properly :P Any help would be appreciated or do i just have to set my refresh rate to 60hz every time I want to play Factorio?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Running Factorio On a 144Hz Screen (Super fast gameplay)

Post by FishSandwich »

An attempted fix was meant to come for 0.11.12 https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 043#p63707 although I don't see it in the changelog, so am not sure if it was implemented or not. It might be delayed for 0.11.13

Until then, yes you could try setting your monitor to 60

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

If you really want the 120Hz, wouldn't using /c game.setspeed = 0.5 (or 0.42) be sort of a solution?
Guess i'll wait with a new monitor until this is fixed ;)

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

The bug will be solved in the linked thread. Until then you can try the following command:

Code: Select all

/c game.speed = 60/144

Return to “Technical Help”