[0.12.17][posila] Bug - Crash when attempting to load a save

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Xliff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.17][posila] Bug - Crash when attempting to load a save

Post by Xliff »

Hello all,

First off, hats off to a seriously great game. Congratulations on your latest release.

I've been playing Factorio for a while, but circumstances had forced me to take an extended break. When things finally cooled down, I tried playing again. Took the update from 0.12.10 to 0.12.12, but didn't load the game. Waited a bit longer and took the update from 0.12.12 to 0.12.17. I noticed when using the auto updater that my system never seems to run the batch files that occur after the update, but things have always worked fine, afterward.

The update to 0.12.17 was the first to cause problems.

I am now unable to load my game that I had been playing for over 8 weeks. Factorio will crash whenever I try to load my latest game.

Doing some testing, I have determined that it might be something in my map, as I can load up an earlier version of the game.

For context, here is the log file from the game I cannot load: http://pastebin.com/qEhqJjBw
My system information: http://pastebin.com/pNk3yWKY

Here are two game files:
FreePlay41, which loads, and....
FreePlay42, which does not

(I was up to FreePlay80 :cry:)

So again, thanks for creating a great and engrossing game. I hope this helps you fix a bug, or at least help me load the maps, again!)

- Xliff

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.17 alpha] Bug - Crash when attempting to load a save

Post by bobingabout »

Were you using any mods that you arn't using anymore?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Xliff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xliff »

No,

As far as I know, all mods in that map should be enabled. I will recheck my list to make sure.

To be explicit: the only mod that show as grey when I load all of the non-working saved games is the Clock mod, which doesn't seem to work with this latest version. That mod is also in the working game (FreePlay40) which loads fine.

Thanks for the response!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

There was a change in scripting between 0.12.10 and 0.12.11 that will cause my clock mod to fail to load. I have updated the clock mod which fixes this, but it should be unrelated to your issue.

TreeFarm 0.2.0 however (I looked at your log file and saw it on the mods list) Is not compatable with 0.12.17, due to the changes in 0.12.11. Turn that off and see if it helps.

If you want the Devs to look at this issue, a zipped copy of your mods folder would be helpful.

There's not much more I can say, I'm not in a position to try it myself right now (one reason why my progress with my mods has slowed again).

If you want to try narrow down the issue yourself, try disable all mods and see if it loads then, if it does, turn them on one at a time and see at which point it stops loading. Also, try to update any mods if new versions are available. (Though it looks like you already did)
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Thanks for the report. I can see your save was also using boblogistics, but it is not listed in your log. If I add it, the save loads fine. However it is still bug in the game, that it crashes if you remove mod with modded roboports.

EDIT: Crash fixed for 0.12.18

Xliff
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.17][posila] Bug - Crash when attempting to load a save

Post by Xliff »

Thank you all for the help. I have installed the Logistics mod (don't know how I missed that one) and my latest game loads fine.

Looking forward to future versions of all things Factorio.

(BTW - Thanks for the work you put in on the mods, Bob!)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”