[0.12.6] [kovarex] desyncs when inventory contents change

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Hixie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.6] [kovarex] desyncs when inventory contents change

Post by Hixie »

After playing this game for ~60 hours with two computers, we started getting desyncs. At first they seemed random, but actually it seems they're related to when our inventory changes. It's most notable when using the deconstruction blueprints or when construction robots from a personal roboport come back to one's inventory.

Is there somewhere we should put our desync reports?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.6] desyncs when inventory contents change

Post by Rseding91 »

Yes, here works best. If you can upload the desync report, the save game and the Factorio-current.log and factorio-previous.log that would be great.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Hixie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hixie »

So I have 36 desync reports covering a span of time of about an hour, but after they happened we stopped playing multiplayer but continued saving so I don't have any saves from around that time. Are they still useful? Is a later save still useful?

We could also just play online until we get one, and them immediately save and send that, if that would be better.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The save game alone will be fine. Do you have any mods included? If so can you upload those as well?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Hixie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hixie »

No mods.

I'll package up the most recent save game and some desync reports and the logs when I get back to the computer.

Hixie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hixie »

Ok, here we go:
http://damowmow.com/temp/desync-on-inventory-change.zip

Contains logs from just now, which do mention the desyncs so hopefully that's helpful; a few desync reports, and an autosave from roughly the same time period. I have a lot more desync reports but when I try to package them all up the zip was half a gig so I figured you probably didn't want all that. I included a README in the zip which describes how to repro, in case that helps. Good luck!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Hixie wrote:Ok, here we go:
http://damowmow.com/temp/desync-on-inventory-change.zip

Contains logs from just now, which do mention the desyncs so hopefully that's helpful; a few desync reports, and an autosave from roughly the same time period. I have a lot more desync reports but when I try to package them all up the zip was half a gig so I figured you probably didn't want all that. I included a README in the zip which describes how to repro, in case that helps. Good luck!
Thank you for the save, it was very helpful, and the issue is solved (99%) for the 0.12.7

Technical:
The problem is those 4 blueprints, that are almost exactly the same, all contain exactly one requester chest. The only difference is the icon of the blueprint and the request item in the requester in the blueprint. We didn't take the icon and the internal configuration of the requester chest in the blueprint into consideration, when writing the comparator used to sort the inventory.
This means, that for the purpose of the sorting, these items were considered equal, and different implementations of the sort method in different standard template libraries on different platforms resulted in different orders of these inventories -> desync. Both things are now solved.

Hixie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.6] [kovarex] desyncs when inventory contents change

Post by Hixie »

awesome, thanks!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”