Allow Space Platform Signal Requests to Specify a Source or Priority (Factorio 2.1)
Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:34 am
Hello. While playing Factorio 2.1, I ran into a problem while trying to build a space dock.
I built a huge space logistics center on Earth, with multiple transport ships traveling between the Earth logistics center and another planet. When a transport ship arrives at the planet or the logistics center, the planet (or logistics center) generates signal requests based on the cargo carried by the incoming ship, allowing the transport ship to unload at the logistics center. At the same time, the transport ship also generates signal requests based on the list of goods going from the logistics center to the planet, so that it can pick up the corresponding goods from the logistics center.
In theory, this is a very effective logistics setup. However, there is one problem I cannot solve: when the logistics center generates signal requests for the cargo on an incoming transport ship, those signal requests are sent to all space platforms and planets at the same time. This causes products that are also available on Earth to be launched into space and delivered to the logistics center.
For example, if I transport green transport belts from Mars to the logistics center on Earth, the logistics center starts requesting green transport belts. At that point, not only will the Mars transport ship provide green transport belts, but green transport belts on Earth will also be launched by rocket and sent up. Obviously, this confuses the space logistics system. I hope the developers can consider whether the space platform signal network could have request source or priority settings.
If it were possible to build a large dispatch center and spaceport on a planet, along with countless spaceships, that would be really cool.
I hope you will consider implementing this feature. Thank you very much.
— A newbie player with only a few hundred hours
I built a huge space logistics center on Earth, with multiple transport ships traveling between the Earth logistics center and another planet. When a transport ship arrives at the planet or the logistics center, the planet (or logistics center) generates signal requests based on the cargo carried by the incoming ship, allowing the transport ship to unload at the logistics center. At the same time, the transport ship also generates signal requests based on the list of goods going from the logistics center to the planet, so that it can pick up the corresponding goods from the logistics center.
In theory, this is a very effective logistics setup. However, there is one problem I cannot solve: when the logistics center generates signal requests for the cargo on an incoming transport ship, those signal requests are sent to all space platforms and planets at the same time. This causes products that are also available on Earth to be launched into space and delivered to the logistics center.
For example, if I transport green transport belts from Mars to the logistics center on Earth, the logistics center starts requesting green transport belts. At that point, not only will the Mars transport ship provide green transport belts, but green transport belts on Earth will also be launched by rocket and sent up. Obviously, this confuses the space logistics system. I hope the developers can consider whether the space platform signal network could have request source or priority settings.
If it were possible to build a large dispatch center and spaceport on a planet, along with countless spaceships, that would be really cool.
I hope you will consider implementing this feature. Thank you very much.
— A newbie player with only a few hundred hours