Page 1 of 1

[2.1.17] "Configuration file has invalid contents." error skipped when skipping main menu

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2026 8:08 pm
by sparr
I launched the game with --load-game, exited the save to the main menu, changed something irrelevant, let the game restart itself, and ran into "Configuration file has invalid contents. Do you want to reset it?". My config.ini actually does have invalid contents, so I was happy to find out and fix it. The bug I'm reporting here is that this error is silently skipped when using --load-game (or --create, or --scenario2map, or anything else that skips the main menu).

Re: [2.1.17] "Configuration file has invalid contents." error skipped when skipping main menu

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2026 12:09 pm
by Rseding91
Thanks for the report however I don' believe this will be changed. The "do you want to reset it?" prompt precludes the game not doing anything else instantly. Since all of those command line options are telling it "just go straight to ... and do this" it skips all of these notification windows.