Page 1 of 1

Rocket Silo "Read Contents" sometimes not reading full silo before launching(2.1.17)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 9:28 pm
by nindar
I've got a massive egg launching system. General system is "trigger 500 eggs to load into silo, use edge detector to see delta and subtract from 'amount to load' (10 inserters of stack size 10, so 100 at a time)"

I've noticed about 1 in 100 launches the silo will fill with 500 eggs and launch, but there isn't a tick where the full silo is reported on the circuit, so my circuits believe there are still 100 more to load.

Specifically, I've watch the circuit in editor go from 400 eggs to "rocket launching" (and 0 reported on the circuit).

Save file is huge and fails to upload (I can upload elsewhere, hopefully this is reasonable to find via code inspection), but here's a blueprint of the general launchers and circuits I see this about 1% of the launches, and randomly on the silos, so it's likely a weird/dumb timing issue. To trigger on save file, change combinator that is checking promethium science from 1 to say 10,000,000 (and trigger all the launches). You'll see a few silos get stuck with 100 eggs in them.


Re: Rocket Silo "Read Contents" sometimes not reading full silo before launching(2.1)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 9:48 pm
by nindar
Wasn't able to reproduce with a single silo doing iron, but then again, I didn't try 100+ times...

Re: Rocket Silo "Read Contents" sometimes not reading full silo before launching(2.1)

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2026 11:50 pm
by Loewchen
Add the version to the title and provide the save showing the issue please, see 3638.

Re: Rocket Silo "Read Contents" sometimes not reading full silo before launching(2.1)

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2026 4:09 pm
by nindar
Forum fails with an error when I try to attach the save, version 2.1.17.

Reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/s/02ej0Axcmm with a simpler repro.