Topics and discussion about specific mods
ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.10] Blueprint Deployer 1.0.0

Post by ZachAttackary »

Blueprint Deployer 1.0.0

Info:
  • Never place a blueprint manually again!
    Features
  • Name: blueprintDeployer
  • Latest Release: v1.0.0, November 7, 2015
  • Factorio Version: 0.12.10
  • License: MIT
  • Dependencies: none
  • videos:
  • Download:
    blueprintDeployer_1.0.0.zip
    (49.43 KiB) Downloaded 404 times

Warning: I have tested this mod, and found it stable for release, but there may be bugs. Please use this mod with caution and let me know any bugs you find.

A quick howto:
    • Unlocking the mod: to access the mod, you must first research Automated Construction 1. Researching Automated Construction 2 will give you access to the two buildings.
    • Inserting a Blueprint: When a Blueprint Deployer is connected to a circuit network, you can left click on it to access it's gui. Put a blueprint in hand, and then click on the "No Blueprint Found" button. This will copy the blueprint to the Deployer
    • Setting the Offset: After inserting a blueprint, you can now press the "Set Offsets" button. This gives you a temporary copy of the blueprint within the Deployer to place. On placement, instead of placing the ghosted buildings, it will save the position to the Blueprint Deployer.
    • Setting a Deconstructor's Bounds: When a Deconstructor is connected to a circuit network, you can left click on it to access it's gui. Click on the "Set Bounds" button. This gives you a Bounds Marker. When placed, you will get another bounds marker. Placing both will save the area to the Deconstructor.

Version history
Last edited by ZachAttackary on Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:23 am, edited 9 times in total.

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Blueprint Deployer Sneakpeak

Post by grifter1 »

Looks great can't wait to try it out

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I recommend to add correct subject (see forum rules) otherwise I'll reject it then. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZachAttackary »

ssilk wrote:I recommend to add correct subject (see forum rules) otherwise I'll reject it then. ;)
Fixed! Thanks for the heads up. First time posting, new to this whole thing.

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.10] Blueprint Deployer 1.0.0

Post by ZachAttackary »

Version 1.0.0 is released! Try it out and give me feedback!
Here is a video showing what the mod can do: https://youtu.be/YZa1hStfKn4
-ZachAttackary

RepairMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RepairMan »

Good Job, gonna try it out now. :D

Dont wanna be the bad guy, but don't you need to include the original license in the mod?
TODO List:
1. Build a von Neumann Probe Factory
2. Build a AI wich controls the factory
3. Send it all into space and watch as planets get eaten by it
4. PROFIT

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZachAttackary »

RepairMan wrote:Good Job, gonna try it out now. :D

Dont wanna be the bad guy, but don't you need to include the original license in the mod?
Its there, unless I put it in the wrong spot. Mind helping me out?

RepairMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RepairMan »

Nevermind, figured it out :oops:
TODO List:
1. Build a von Neumann Probe Factory
2. Build a AI wich controls the factory
3. Send it all into space and watch as planets get eaten by it
4. PROFIT

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

thanks for this grate mod

i have had so much fun making marching turrets,mines that lay themselves and pack them self away when all the ore is removed

i think im going to have to grab the smarter circuitry mod to get more ways to trigger things

keep up the grate work i think this is one of the best mods ATM

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZachAttackary »

grifter1 wrote:thanks for this grate mod

i have had so much fun making marching turrets,mines that lay themselves and pack them self away when all the ore is removed

i think im going to have to grab the smarter circuitry mod to get more ways to trigger things

keep up the grate work i think this is one of the best mods ATM
I'm so glad you are enjoying the mod! I just got into a motorcycle accident, so I'm a little out of commission, but I plan on improving this mod, there are still a couple of things I would like to do to make it better. Any constructive feedback and bugfinds welcome!

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

hope you make a full come back after the crash

just had a op on my hand so im out of action as well

in my playing around with the mod i have had some funny things happen
if you take a bp of the deployer with a bp in it you wont get a repeating setup it will do like 3 copys
if the deployer trys to drop a bp and cant you cant use your bp or deconstruction planer till the deployer is removed

sorry if this is hard to read i am on strong meds for my hand and feeling a bit scatted

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZachAttackary »

grifter1 wrote:if you take a bp of the deployer with a bp in it you wont get a repeating setup it will do like 3 copys
good find. This is actually intentional. when a blueprint has a deployer in it, if that deployer has no blueprint, the blueprint deployer that gets placed by the deployer will inherit the blueprint from the parent. If the blueprint has a deployer in it that has a blueprint, it will be placed with that blueprint in it. This allows cool effects such as a 2 demensional marching laser wall( ei. a deployer with 8 deployers inside of it(one for each cardinal direction and one for each ofthe corners) which each have a deployer in it's blueprint without a blueprint in it) This is a little bit complicated and hard to explain, any suggestions on how to let the users of the mod understand this is how it works?
grifter1 wrote:if the deployer trys to drop a bp and cant you cant use your bp or deconstruction planer till the deployer is removed
now this is something I need to fix. Why this happens is a flag on the blueprint is set saying that it has already placed its blueprint, so every tick there is no reason to go through all of the calculations needed to place a new blueprint. This stops the blueprint deployer from trying to deploy the same blueprint every single tick as long as its circuit condition is met, as well as making the mod less cpu greedy. I will add a reset state button to the gui that sets this flag to false again. Until I update the mod, you can reset this flag by replacing the offset of the blueprint deployer.

Thanks for the feedback!

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

yes i have had problems with projectors in space engineers trying to have bp in bp making crazy things the way you make it self duplicate is grate

one thing i will request is a force place option so the trees will get removed and not stop the bp and if you can make it remove rocks you get dubble points

i have a quick video of my turrets use of your mod but after your description of the setup going in all 4 directions i will have to give it a try

https://youtu.be/UoamP0r1rHQ

Zimme2579
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zimme2579 »

This mod would solve all of my problems, bring all of my hopes and dreams to life and give hope to my great idea of a self expanding base, if... it were for my version of the game. Please update it to the newer versions of factorio.

ZachAttackary
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ZachAttackary »

Zimme2579 wrote:This mod would solve all of my problems, bring all of my hopes and dreams to life and give hope to my great idea of a self expanding base, if... it were for my version of the game. Please update it to the newer versions of factorio.
Hey Zimmie! Thanks for showing interest in my mod! I actually have attempted to update the mod to the newest version, but I am struggling with the game variable on maps that were created in older versions. I'm sure it is some small oversight I haven't seen yet, but I am relativley new to modding and haven't found the solution. This semester is finally over come Wednesday for me, hopefully I will be able to updated it then.

Stay tuned!

-ZachAttackary

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Too bad it doesn't work :/
Error message
BD v1.0.0
Factorio v0.12.29 or 33.

I need this mod :?

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Shrooblord wrote:Extract the zip file of the mod, open control.lua and do a find and replace to change all instances of game.on_ to script.on_ . I did that and it worked. ;)
I did that later after the report. Then it crashed when the deployer or destructor (don't remember) was activated. Also it was hard to mine because it's collision box is like a few pixels in the center and I think bots also had problems picking all the pieces of it up.

Shrooblord
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Shrooblord »

Hm. Any error messages or such when it crashed? This mod is cool enough for me to want to look into fixing it.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Shrooblord wrote:Hm. Any error messages or such when it crashed? This mod is cool enough for me to want to look into fixing it.
Nope, was a while ago and I didn't save it. I'll tell you when I retry and get it again. This mod has mad potential, agree. With complex enough combinator programming you could probably make it go out and search for ore deposits, build an outpost and lay track back to base while doing it lol.

Return to “Mods”