[MOD 0.15] SmartTrains 2.0.5

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.12] SmartTrains 0.3.7

Post by Choumiko »

MainTango wrote:Is there a way I can make this work other than altering the schedule or setting up signals with a value of 1 at the outpost train stations?
That's how you'll have to solve it at the moment. Can't remember why i made it to work like this, but i guess at the time i did it made sense to me :lol:
MainTango wrote: And another thing. Whenever I try to edit a line, I usually end up redoing it because after I make changes to the schedule and press 'Read from UI' and then 'Save as line', it won't update the line with the new schedule. Instead, I have to either retype the name of the line into the 'save as' field or delete the line and redo it.

On a final note, let me tell you how awesome your mod is.
Again, a case of "made sense back then". You should be fine by only hitting "Save as line". Read from UI actually removes the train from the line and updates the gui to the schedule, making it kind of useless i guess..

MainTango
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MainTango »

Choumiko wrote: That's how you'll have to solve it at the moment. Can't remember why i made it to work like this, but i guess at the time i did it made sense to me :lol:
First I thought you're confirming that the 'Go to station #' feature currently isn't working. But then again you're clearly demonstrating it in your forum post here. So, apparently 'Go to station #' is only working if the train's departure is triggered by a signal rather than by the train being full or empty.
If it's not too much to ask and even doable at all, I'd humbly request to make 'Go to station #' compatible with 'leave when empty/full'. Just in case it's not already on your to do list.
I hope I don't sound like an ass. :oops:
Choumiko wrote: Again, a case of "made sense back then". You should be fine by only hitting "Save as line". Read from UI actually removes the train from the line and updates the gui to the schedule, making it kind of useless i guess..
'Save as line' did the trick. Thanks! :D

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

MainTango wrote:So, apparently 'Go to station #' is only working if the train's departure is triggered by a signal rather than by the train being full or empty.
If it's not too much to ask and even doable at all, I'd humbly request to make 'Go to station #' compatible with 'leave when empty/full'. Just in case it's not already on your to do list.
I'm planning on giving SmartTrains a (small) overhaul in the near future. GUI redesign, combining full/empty rule with and/or signal and some other stuff. Making go to station work with full/empty should be simple.

AnarCon
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AnarCon »

could someone upload a tube showing how this mod works? i cant find a single help tube about it, with several examples and higher than 480p would be nice. tnx :D
PS demo got me more confused than before i picked up this mod :s

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

does this work with bobtrains?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

ZorbaTHut
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ZorbaTHut »

Moderate performance concern; on my current game, SmartTrains is using 8.5% of the game performance. I don't have a complicated layout, and as I'm writing this, all the trains are just hangin' out at a station or waiting for other trains to move. It feels like 8.5% is higher than I'd expect. This isn't a critical issue for me, though it may be if it gets worse as the base gets better - just thought you'd want to know!

I can package the save and mods up for you to download if you want to take a look at it.

Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satis »

Hi Choumiko.

I have 1 issue and 1 question for you.

First lets take the issue.
I'm trying to get the automatic refueling to work, but it do not recognize the stations I have made. here is the setup I have done.
I have several refueling stations named: "Refuel L-CCCC-L", "Refuel LL-CCCCCCCC-LL" and so on, so each station is defined by the train setup.
In the ST menu the refuel station is named: "Refuel".
In the line I have made an check in the refuel checkbox.
Once I drive the route and the train get's low on fuel, I can see in the train schedule that an "Refuel" station is added, but it's red, since it's only "Refuel" that is shown and not one of the stations like "Refuel L-CCCC-L".
Not sure if there is something I'm missing, since it all looks like it should be based on the first post, explaining how it works.
Could it be that it's because I'm using the Railtanker instead of an cargowagon ?

Now for the question.
I noticed that right next to the Refuel checkbox, there is an Depart Checkbox. What is that used fore ?

Oh one other thing.... Would you like me to do some tutorials on how SmartTrains works on youtube ?
I have en quite good understanding on how it's working and have made setups where I'm using the signal and combinator system with prime numbers to send an train to different locations based on if an location is requesting some stuff.

Kind regards
Satis

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Satis wrote: I'm trying to get the automatic refueling to work, but it do not recognize the stations I have made. here is the setup I have done.
I have several refueling stations named: "Refuel L-CCCC-L", "Refuel LL-CCCCCCCC-LL" and so on, so each station is defined by the train setup.
In the ST menu the refuel station is named: "Refuel".
In the line I have made an check in the refuel checkbox.
Once I drive the route and the train get's low on fuel, I can see in the train schedule that an "Refuel" station is added, but it's red, since it's only "Refuel" that is shown and not one of the stations like "Refuel L-CCCC-L".
Not sure if there is something I'm missing, since it all looks like it should be based on the first post, explaining how it works.
Could it be that it's because I'm using the Railtanker instead of an cargowagon ?
Sounds like you're doing it right.
It works fine for me, i have made a few changes to SmartTrains since the latest release, but i don't think they have anything to do with it. You can try using https://github.com/Choumiko/SmartTrains ... 0.3.71.zip and see if it makes any difference
Satis wrote:Now for the question.
I noticed that right next to the Refuel checkbox, there is an Depart Checkbox. What is that used fore ?

Oh one other thing.... Would you like me to do some tutorials on how SmartTrains works on youtube ?
I have en quite good understanding on how it's working and have made setups where I'm using the signal and combinator system with prime numbers to send an train to different locations based on if an location is requesting some stuff.

Kind regards
Satis
Depart makes train leave a station if their cargo doesn't change for a certain amount of time (no items/added removed). It doesn't care for full/empty, it just detects that nothing changed and sends the train to the next station. Might be usefull for mining outposts that are close to running out and recieve a ore only 3 seconds or so. Though i'm not sure how Depart interacts with trainlines and the other rules (I haven't played for like 2 months and can't remember ;) )

I'd like a tutorial video, but not right now since i'm planning on doing some more or less big changes in the next weeks (hopefully)

Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satis »

Choumiko wrote:Sounds like you're doing it right.
It works fine for me, i have made a few changes to SmartTrains since the latest release, but i don't think they have anything to do with it. You can try using https://github.com/Choumiko/SmartTrains ... 0.3.71.zip and see if it makes any difference
So I downloaded your new version, and it did exactly the same.
I did however get it to work, but I had to go to ST-Settings and rename the "Refuel" station to something else, like "Train Service" and then renamed all the refueling stations to "Train Service LL-CCCCCC-LL" and so forth, and that did the trick and it chose the right station.
So there might be something in the code that forgets to add the train type "LL-CCCCCC-LL" after the "Refuel" station name when using the default name.

Hope this info helps a bit figuring out what's causing this ;)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11] SmartTrains 0.3.7

Post by Choumiko »

New version: SmartTrains 0.3.72
  • don't update line when waiting at a signal (can lead to "No path" errors)
  • Smart Trainstops should keep the signal condition when blueprinted/blueprint is placed
  • pagination for rules window
  • saving a line under a different name should copy existing rules correctly
  • minor ui tweaks and fixes
Satis wrote:So I downloaded your new version, and it did exactly the same.
I did however get it to work, but I had to go to ST-Settings and rename the "Refuel" station to something else, like "Train Service" and then renamed all the refueling stations to "Train Service LL-CCCCCC-LL" and so forth, and that did the trick and it chose the right station.
So there might be something in the code that forgets to add the train type "LL-CCCCCC-LL" after the "Refuel" station name when using the default name.

Hope this info helps a bit figuring out what's causing this ;)
I wasn't able to reproduce it, but glad you could fix it. Did you by any chance at one time skip a SmartTrain release? From time to time i remove old migration code, possibly you missed an important one?

Satis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satis »

Choumiko wrote:I wasn't able to reproduce it, but glad you could fix it. Did you by any chance at one time skip a SmartTrain release? From time to time i remove old migration code, possibly you missed an important one?
I properly have. I didn't start an new game with an updated version and I didn't save the game without smartTrains, to clear any cache that might still be there, which also could be the reason.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

New version: SmartTrains 0.3.73
  • fixed crash when picking up cargo wagon/locomotive, using FatController (0.3.22+)
  • new virtual signal at smart train sops: outputs # of passengers for trains in auto mode
Satis wrote:I properly have. I didn't start an new game with an updated version and I didn't save the game without smartTrains, to clear any cache that might still be there, which also could be the reason.
When you feel like it: Create a new map, cheat in some tracks locos and stuff and see if you can reproduce it, since i wasn't able to. It's most likely some rare migration issue

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [MOD 0.12.12+] SmartTrains 0.3.73

Post by ssilk »

Now move it out of here? Pleeeeeaseeeee!! :lol:
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Hey I don't know if this is from this mod but is it possible to add some of these notifications below to forces? In a MP Game when people starting to get trains it starts getting very annoying having to listen to everyone else spam hehe.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Kane wrote:Hey I don't know if this is from this mod but is it possible to add some of these notifications below to forces? In a MP Game when people starting to get trains it starts getting very annoying having to listen to everyone else spam hehe.
That's from FAT Controller, but you got the right Author ;)
I think it's already filtered by force. You can disable alarms for yourself already until the other players learn how to train :D

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Thanks. Sadly they are broadcasted to everyone and their annoying the hell out of me but I will look into disabling it. It's also annoying them as well and I feel bad lol.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Kane wrote:Thanks. Sadly they are broadcasted to everyone and their annoying the hell out of me but I will look into disabling it. It's also annoying them as well and I feel bad lol.
The button labeled with "!" opens the alert settings, if it doesn't work, please report in the FatController thread ;)

DutchJer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DutchJer »

i just updated, but if you shiftplace the blueprint, and then try to deconstruct it without placing it, the smart train stop leaves 2 items on the ground, which cannot be mined :(

tetryon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by tetryon »

SmartTrains_0.3.73 is eating a considerable amount of CPU.

I'm on a modded server, and the UPS has formerly been 59-60, and is currently at 25. Hitting f5 reveals this mod is at 5-9 (whatever the units are) which is far higher than all other mods put together.

Are there any known performance hitches?

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

tetryon wrote:SmartTrains_0.3.73 is eating a considerable amount of CPU.

I'm on a modded server, and the UPS has formerly been 59-60, and is currently at 25. Hitting f5 reveals this mod is at 5-9 (whatever the units are) which is far higher than all other mods put together.

Are there any known performance hitches?
How many trains are you using (Smart Trains should show you in it's settings), a lot of trainlines with signal condition as a rule? These are the major things i can think of right now.
Can you check the "Interval for signal" setting? Increasing this number should reduce FPS drops if you have lots of trains with the signal rule set. Just make sure that the signal stays on long enough for the trains to still recognize it.

Return to “Mods”