[MOD 0.12.0] Fluid Barrel (1.0.0)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
GopherAtl
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] Fluid Barrel (1.0.0)

Post by GopherAtl »

This is one of those mods I can't live without, so just went to see about updating it for 0.12.0. It seems to work as-is, though there is some oddness with displaying the names of recipes in the menu. Filled a storage tank with water, then disconnected from the well and shifted it back and forth, barreling and unbarreling to a second tank, and it seems to function perfectly. Just an FYI.
My Mods:
Nixie Tubes - numeric displays for your circuit networks!
Logistic Combinators - use logistics values in circuit logic! -
Autowire - automate red/green wire connections

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

GopherAtl wrote:This is one of those mods I can't live without, so just went to see about updating it for 0.12.0. It seems to work as-is, though there is some oddness with displaying the names of recipes in the menu. Filled a storage tank with water, then disconnected from the well and shifted it back and forth, barreling and unbarreling to a second tank, and it seems to function perfectly. Just an FYI.
So I just put this in my mod folder, and it works right away? Without me having to do anything? Or what?

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

GopherAtl wrote:It seems to work as-is, though there is some oddness with displaying the names of recipes in the menu.
Yep, it's an issue with the locales and was that way before 0.12
Peter34 wrote:
GopherAtl wrote:This is one of those mods I can't live without, so just went to see about updating it for 0.12.0. It seems to work as-is, though there is some oddness with displaying the names of recipes in the menu. Filled a storage tank with water, then disconnected from the well and shifted it back and forth, barreling and unbarreling to a second tank, and it seems to function perfectly. Just an FYI.
So I just put this in my mod folder, and it works right away? Without me having to do anything? Or what?
Yes, this one works fine in 0.12 without needing changes.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Topic moved to Mods ‹ Mods for 0.12 ‹ New Items, Entities, Extensions (0.12)
It seems the OP hasn't visited this forum in the last 4 months. I'll change the title of the topic, and when I have a little time, add the template.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.0] Fluid Barrel (1.0.0)

Post by reddutton »

any one else having issues with the unfilling of barrels stops randomly till you add or remove a module on the 0.12 update
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Mr. Zero
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mr. Zero »

Koub wrote:Topic moved to Mods ‹ Mods for 0.12 ‹ New Items, Entities, Extensions (0.12)
It seems the OP hasn't visited this forum in the last 4 months. I'll change the title of the topic, and when I have a little time, add the template.
To save you some trouble, for my love of refineries and shipping resources around by trains, I have updated the mod with the missing locale files, updated the image with the new timer graphics for research and provide a template below according to the current standards (not sure, seems sslik is still figuring out what template will contain. Also lack of author description?!).
Fluid Barrel Mod Template

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Moved to convenience, I think this is more game-changing, than just adding items.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Does anyone else experiencing a subtle stutter (when moving) after activating this mod ?
It didn't register on fps count (retain at 60 fps), but it's noticeable.
Affect new game.
I tested it by disabling all mods except for Fluid Barrel, quit, make new game, yet the problem exist.
Also, this happen on other mod (Rail Tanker) although in Rail Tanker the problem is more severe.
Maybe happen to the mod that affect liquid handling?
I posted the same report on Rail Tanker thread.
Last edited by waduk on Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

waduk wrote:Does anyone else experiencing a subtle stutter (when moving) after activating this mod ?
Affect new game.
I tested it by disabling all mods except for Fluid Barrel, quit, make new game, yet the problem exist.
Also, this happen on other mod (Rail Tanker) although in Rail Tanker the problem is more severe.
Maybe happen to the mod that affecting liquid handling?
There nothing in this mod that should cause any performace issues, its literally just a handful of items, recipes and technologies.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Klonan wrote:
waduk wrote:Does anyone else experiencing a subtle stutter (when moving) after activating this mod ?
Affect new game.
There nothing in this mod that should cause any performace issues, its literally just a handful of items, recipes and technologies.

Yet it happen, probably a main game bug ? Only arose if the (liquid) mod is used ?

Edit: Probably main game issue, happen even in x86 build vanilla game. In x64 build, the problem only arose if the mod is activated.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

Is any difference between this mod and this? Except a barrel of petroleum gas in your mod :)

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

waduk wrote:
Klonan wrote:
Affect new game.

Yet it happen, probably a main game bug ? Only arose if the (liquid) mod is used ?

Edit: Probably main game issue, happen even in x86 build vanilla game. In x64 build, the problem only arose if the mod is activated.
Sound more like it's your computer that's causing you stutter problems... I'd guess threading or memory issues - better test your memory or better still - try using different memory modules and the x86 version :geek:
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

Hi Grate mod no way i can play this game without it now

is there a way to have the barrel retain what heat the fluid was when barreled

i have no idea how to code things so don't know if it is possible was thinking along the lines of add temp to the name of the barrel so i can be kept track of and change the fluid to match the temp on un-barreling

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

grifter1 wrote:Hi Grate mod no way i can play this game without it now

is there a way to have the barrel retain what heat the fluid was when barreled

i have no idea how to code things so don't know if it is possible was thinking along the lines of add temp to the name of the barrel so i can be kept track of and change the fluid to match the temp on un-barreling
I think it'd be excessive to store the exact temperature, since that would require a huge increase of item types in the database, as you'd need one database type entry for each combination of content material and temperature, e.g. Water/77C or CrudeOil/52C.

What might be feasible for a modder, though, is to create a few barrel types, at least for water, where the temperature is rounded down to a certain value out of 100, 80, 60, 40, 28 and 15. Thus if you put 100c Water into a Barrel it stays at 100C, but if it's 99C or 85C then it drops down to 80C and the excess thermal energy is lost.

grifter1
Inserter
Inserter

Post by grifter1 »

to be honest i will only need the 100 as that's all im ever going to make
i hope this sounds good to some one and we see it at some point

Simon04090
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Simon04090 »

Any chance of this getting updated to 0.12.11+?

JyeGuru
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JyeGuru »

Simon04090 wrote:Any chance of this getting updated to 0.12.11+?
Is there an issue with it in 0.12.11+? It seemed to load in a new game with no issues ...

JyeGuru
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JyeGuru »

Made some cosmetic updates (recipes sort order) and tested with some circuit setups, seems to be working just fine in 12.11

Download link (1.0.2):
https://github.com/yukihyou/factorio-fl ... l/releases

RocketScientist
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RocketScientist »

Excellent mod! But I never really liked the 'full-color' graphics for the barrels, so I made a set where all the new barrel types are just like regular steel barrels, but with a colored top. Looks a lot cleaner:
ingameS.png
ingameS.png (260.21 KiB) Viewed 10739 times
Files are attached. Feel free to use in whatever way you like.
Alternative barrel graphics.rar
(27.66 KiB) Downloaded 1161 times

JyeGuru
Inserter
Inserter

Post by JyeGuru »

RocketScientist wrote:
Files are attached. Feel free to use in whatever way you like
I'll see about maybe adding an "altgfx" version download when I get home.

Return to “Mods”