Modded Multiplayer! Or, How We Learned To Hate Oil!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Modded Multiplayer! Or, How We Learned To Hate Oil!

Post by mngrif »

It all started with a simple experiment to see if we could get more than 2 players in a game, and 28 hours later...

Mods:
Explosive Termites
Landfill
RailTanker
Treefarm

The spawn was on a fairly large peninsula which provided excellent early game protection in the form of a single small chokepoint. After taking down a few dozen trees for wood, Malachite deployed the termites to "liberate" some land for our nefarious purposes. The starting resources were excellent, a few oil spouts and plenty of resources for our 6 players to get up to trains and plastics.

We decided to use a defense of both gun and laser turrets for no particular reason. This turned out to be a very good decision I think as it reduced power spikes and was just outright fun to do.

So, if you are wondering what a factory made by 6 (at least) different people, here's what it looks like. Next time we do this we'll be sure to take many more screenshots.

Factorio Maps dump
Map save right before making Rocket Defense. Ignore SSL certificate warnings, it's valid, just not for this subdomain

Now, for some screenshots...
Early game map
Mid game map
End game map
We're starting up a new modded MP game today most likely. Hop in to the Factorio IRC channel and ask around. We'd love to have you! Here's the map spawn we might use:
New map maybe
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Modded Multiplayer! Or, How We Learned To Hate Oil!

Post by Trepidati0n »

Could you upload a blueprint or a zip of the map before you started playing on it? Seems like it would be a lot of fun for others.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Modded Multiplayer! Or, How We Learned To Hate Oil!

Post by mngrif »

Trepidati0n wrote:Could you upload a blueprint or a zip of the map before you started playing on it? Seems like it would be a lot of fun for others.
No, but here's the map exchange string that will generate the map. As far as I know the mods we used don't affect terrain generation so it should give the same map in vanilla. As you can tell by the title, oil is a massive problem on this map.

Code: Select all

>>>AAALAA0AAAADAwYAAAAEAAAAY29hbAMDAgoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AwMCCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDAgoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAwMCCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAwMCBQAAAHN0b25lAwMC8KQygkcxAAC9IAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ADAPpc2GE=<<<
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Return to “Show your Creations”